Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991S Guidance Please

AH9999

Trainee
Having owned a number of 997 Gen II's, I've now mentally accepted that it's time to place an order for a 991S Coupe.

Couple of observations.....

(1) On a like for like basis, the 991 now seems to be ~£5k more expensive than the equivalent 997.....never a cheap car in the first place but getting to £100k for a 991 C2S is very easily done on the configurator (even the new Boxer S can hit £60k in no time at all !)

(2) Maybe I'm being an idiot, I couldn't find the DAB option for the PCM system (or is it standard - stupid question for Porsche I know).....for a ~£100k car, you want to know it'll still work when they turn the analogue signals off

(3) What's the current lead time on factory order - I'm guessing 3 or 4 months?

(4) What %'age discount levels are people typically receiving on these?

(5) Anybody taken a finance agreement on a 911 C2S - What %'age RV are they offering?

Newbie,

I previously had a 997 C4S. Here are my thoughts on your comments:

(1) Taking into consideration what were previously options that are now standard on the 991 I think you are right with it being about 5k extra. However, you also need to consider the extra bits and pieces that were not available on the 997 (Gen 1), stop/start, autohold etc..

(2) I have the Bose option fitted but i don't think DAB is available. Someone might correct me here.

(3) I guess the Porsche Dealer will tell you 3 to 4 months but I think you will probably be able to get one built in June/July at a push.

(4) I don't think that Porsche will offer a discount but you might get a couple of freebies (Calendar/ Floormats) if you are lucky.

(5) I took out a finance agreement with Porsche Finance (last January). You might get them down to about 3.75% flat rate, 7.5% APR.

You may wish to consider a used or ex demo if you are not particular on the colour/spec. and save up to 10k.

Hope this helps.

I'm in the same boat and have been talking to dealers for the last couple of weeks. If you want to spec a car I'm pretty sure you could get one in build within 4-8 weeks, some dealers have more slots than others. If you're flexible on spec then make some calls, there are a suprising number of new cars in the network and you can get a discount. The 991 is not flying out of the showroom, I guess the wider economy and the fact that this is a very expensive Pork are chief factors. Hard to beleive but there's no DAB option at the moment.

Remember the new car now comes with NAV, iPod/USB and other former cost extras as standard so the differential is not what it seems.

You won't have to wait long for a new factory order and good trade-in prices are available at the moment. If you really can't wait at all, Leeds OPC has a Basalt Black C2S with excellent specification that I've driven for a hour. I thought it was a good deal at some £10k off list and a blast to drive. Not my colour but I was seriously tempted nonetheless. It's on the main Porsche website.

That's strange BNB, I was seriously pouring over that car in Leeds, it's a great spec. but I've got myself a new one with a reasonable discount, not quite so extravagant as the Leeds OPC car though. Moving from a manual GTS will be interesting, will post my thoughts when I've run it in.

Hey Blue62. It drove beautifully, but nearly £20k in extras!! Better to spec your own perfect car and take advantage of the deals available. When is yours arriving?

Hoping to collect this weekend, it's an unregistered car in stock with the main things I was looking for, PDK, PDCC, PSE and a few others that I can take or leave (rear wiper, heated seats). Still not entirely convinced that I have given the GTS enough time, but it was a difficult car to drive sensibly, which restricted use and got me questioning my purchase. Spent half a day in the 991 at Silverstone and was smitten with it's all round capability, must be getting old.

Your new car sounds great. Even if it will be sad to bid farewell to the GTS. Mine goes like stink. And at least we've both had the chance to enjoy them in their pomp. But I bet the 991 can keep pace without catching its breath.

I wonder if the 991 is too competent, but no doubt I shall be sufficiently tempted to find out for myself in due course. Enjoy yours in the meantime.

Very interesting day today which very much sync's with some of the responses to my initial post.

There do indeed seem to be quite a number of 991's in the network available and ready for delivery (very good and reasonable specs as well).......without much effort I have already been offered £10k discount on one of these which represents about 10.7% discount.

If I want to factory order, I'm currently at 5% discount - 2 to 3 months lead time

Lease purchase with a balloon at the end (3 years) is currently at 7.4% APR

If I want the 'glass' sunroof as opposed to the 'metal' sunroof then this is a July onwards build slot therefore, factory order

I still can't quite believe there's NO DAB option available to either order or as standard......major major ommission bearing in mind analogue signals are not too far off from being switched off and 911's last a long time in the market.

I'm one or two days maximum from placing the order, I'll keep you all informed on progress :)

I know when I ordered my 911 a few years back, didn't get squat off the price and only had a couple floor mats chucked in.

If they are giving 10% discount off cars to off load them, I guess they will be offering a lot less when you come to trade later on. I think we are in a situation that they are going for volume sales now. So there will be a lot more 991's on the Market in the future when people come to trade-in and guess won't hold values as well???

Just a thought.

They are discounting because they aren't selling. Not because that is their priimary sales strategy. As soon as demand picks up, so will the prices. As another thread has already asked: How many 991s have you seen?

betternotbigger said:
They are discounting because they aren't selling. Not because that is their priimary sales strategy. As soon as demand picks up, so will the prices. As another thread has already asked: How many 991s have you seen?

Correct, there are a lot of cars in the dealer network and a lot of unsold demonstrators which were registered in December. It's been discussed a lot elsewhere, but economic problems aside, the 991 is just a bit too expensive to start with, especially once you add a couple of the must have options, they should've priced it a little nearer the 997. All said, that's a very good discount from an OPC, I couldn't get near that although I was looking for price to change, I think my effective discount is somewhere around 8%, so well done OP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back