Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Private Messages Question - Stuck in PM Outbox ?

Chris_w

Probably being very thick here but what is the Outbox?
I wrote a message which I thought I had sent but it's sat in the Outbox where as other messages I've sent I can see in the Sent box... how can I send a message from the Outbox and what is its purpose - is it like a draft's folder?!?

ANSWER

If it's in your outbox you have sent it.

A PM will stay in your Outbox until the intended recipient opens it. It then moves to your Sentbox.

You can only reply to messages in your Inbox

Chris, your mail will sit in the outbox until it's picked up the recipient, in which case it will be switched to the sent box.

993C2S said:
Chris, your mail will sit in the outbox until it's picked up the recipient, in which case it will be switched to the sent box.

Great - thanks! Glad I'm not going mad, knew I'd sent it!

pm problem

Hi Sundeep

the last pm i tried to send is lodged in the outbox - does not seem to have been sent? any ideas?

all the best

tim

This one caught me out as well,
it seems that it stays in YOUR outbox until recipient has opened it

then it moves into YOUR sent box.

Strange but true !!

cheers

yep cheers pete, that's what the outbox is for, which then allows you to edit the message if needed, regards

thanks chaps - now all is clear!

pm's

I had an email, this evening saying i had a pm - when i looked I hadnt, i checked the email sent and received time, all checks out.

any ideas?

Re: pm's

demonfish said:
I had an email, this evening saying i had a pm - when i looked I hadnt, i checked the email sent and received time, all checks out.

any ideas?

A user has the option to delete the PM sent.

A PM resides in the 'outbox' until you login next, then it is actually sent and moved from the senders 'outbox' to the 'sent' box

until that time the sender has the option to the edit and delete the PM

even after the notification has been sent

Calling Daniel....Why can't I PM Daniel?

I can PM other members but not Daniel, just sits in the outbox....any ideas?

Daniel, if you're reading this, I'd love to get a copy of the great pics you took on the ring trip..please :)

J

Paul GT3 said:
because he's special

:dont know: Maybe ! :D

Got your PM and PM'd you back.. (about an hour ago)

Very...

Thanks, suspect someone tinkered in the background to make it happen :)

Problems sending PM's ??

Tried sending a few and they are not appearing in my sentbox :?:
I'm unsure now if they are being received ...

Have you checked your OUTBOX?

The system seems a bit odd to start with, but the OUTBOX method has a couple of benefits:

1) When it moves from OUTBOX to SENT box that means it's been opened by your recipient (so it's like a read confirmation).
2) You can go into OUTBOX (and if it's still there, ie not yet read) and edit or even delete if you think to add something else or just change your mind.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back