Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front end tramlining

911BlackEd

Since picking up on Monday I have only covered 250 miles, all at a very sedate pace as running in by the book.

One thing that I have noticed is that the car at speed tends to tramline the front wheels quite easily, feels like you have been caught by a gust of wind.

Has anyone else experienced this? My 997 was fitted with Dunlops and I never noticed any tramlining, the 991 is fitted with Pirelli p-Zeros, is this what everyone else's came with? It's either that or the PDCC is cutting in?

Other than this, absolutely delighted with it.

Can't you just dial the "atenuate steering feedback" up to (9)11?
eyebrows.gif

Tinker said:
"at speed"?

Lol, sorry, not warp speed, between 70-80

GT4 said:
Can't you just dial the "atenuate steering feedback" up to (9)11?
eyebrows.gif

Yes, obviously the very numb steering of the 991 :roll: still feeds back far too much information to the driver, it does have the steering+ package.

Hey, only joshing :friends:

I'm assuming you've checked tyre pressures?

GT4 said:
Hey, only joshing :friends:

I'm assuming you've checked tyre pressures?

I would only ever take it as intended :puh:

The OPC wants to check the geometry... But in two minds about allowing them near it with a spanner based on previous experience...

I will check the pressures in the morning, good idea, the car was rushed to me as it arrived at the dealer at 4 and handed over to me at 6.

911BlackEd said:
Since picking up on Monday I have only covered 250 miles, all at a very sedate pace as running in by the book.

One thing that I have noticed is that the car at speed tends to tramline the front wheels quite easily, feels like you have been caught by a gust of wind.

If you've only done 250 miles of sedate driving the tyres will not be scrubbed in yet. Too early to judge whether there really is a problem.

I think you're being too picky.

What do you expect for £100,000?

:)

Red993C4 said:
If you've only done 250 miles of sedate driving the tyres will not be scrubbed in yet. Too early to judge whether there really is a problem.
+1. True of my P Zeros.

:floor: You lot make me smile...

But, the winner is GT4, the tyres were all 10 psi over pressure, I am presuming that they over pressure them at the factory to prevent them flat spotting, I wondered why the handling was interesting in the wet :nooo:

Naughty PDI

:finger:

(I'm assuming they remembered to hoover the "transit" sawdust out of the cylinders this time though?)

911BlackEd said:
GT4 said:
I will check the pressures in the morning, good idea, the car was rushed to me as it arrived at the dealer at 4 and handed over to me at 6.
Any PDI?

Now ask the OPC to do a P*DI.

(*Post)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back