Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 RS 4.0 v BMW M3 GTS v Benz C63 AMG Black

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Great cars, great video, great presenter...

Fantastic!

~ Maxie :)

Cor, really enjoyed watching that !! :grin:

Great watch, knew the 4.0 would own on the track but by 3 seconds.... :worship:

Given his experience in driving 911s and his own 4.0 in particular do you think it was a fair test for the other two cars? I wonder if the times would be closer if a 'neutral' driver had set them?

Great video though as always from Harris and the noise that 4.0 makes on full chat :cloud9:

Yeah but even allowing for his familiarity with his own car, 3 seconds is still pretty impressive, especially when you consider how close his lap times were between the beemer and merc.

My admiration is more for his presentation style which feels more honest than we see on TG, less max power than fifth gear and it is refreshing to see the cars do most of the actual talking. We already know about his porker bias, but he doesn't bash the other cars nor does he gloss over the RS4.0's shortfalls, so while the verdict was pretty much nailed on from the outset, the whole piece was no less enjoyable for it.

chimp911 said:
My admiration is more for his presentation style which feels more honest than we see on TG, less max power than fifth gear and it is refreshing to see the cars do most of the actual talking. We already know about his porker bias, but he doesn't bash the other cars nor does he gloss over the RS4.0's shortfalls, so while the verdict was pretty much nailed on from the outset, the whole piece was no less enjoyable for it.

Totally agree. I think his style of reviews/test drives appeal to a wide audience and I'd love to see a new motoring TV show with him heading up the road testing.

I can't watch Top Gear anymore, all of the last series I changed channel half way through as I find them all tedious now, even James May has blended into another Clarkson/Hammond.

Fifth Gear is better but there's only so many times you need to see VBH, Tiff and Plato drifting a car - yes we get it, you can all drift.

What a great report even though he is probably not the most impartial!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back