Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Durametric, PST2, PIWIS type code/fault reader (£15-£30)

GT4

The Durametric software is free (as they assume you have paid exhorbitantly for the Durametric leads, which these are clones of).

http://www.ecrater.co.uk/p/11772700/porsche-piwis-cable? (~£30)

http://www.cardiag.co.uk/porsche-piwis-cable-207.html (~£15)

4e1132e7dbe55_187889b.jpg

I'm currently running Durametric software Version 3.0.15 January 9th 2007 (as I only have Windows ME on my spare laptop - don't ask).

Can run upto ver 5 on Windows XP onwards (download for free from www.durametric.com).

Seems fine for fault reading, radio code, engine hours, over revs, all the engine parameters - like oil/water temps etc which can be charted immediately or data log file dumped to Excel readable .CSV

Porsche Piwis Cable

Work on following cars:
1996-1998 Porsche 911 (993)
1996-1998 Porsche 911 Turbo (993)
1998-2004 Porsche 911 Carrera (996)
1998-2004 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 (996)
2000-2005 Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
2000-2005 Porsche 911 GT2, GT3 (996)
2005-2007 Porsche 911 (997)
1997-2004 Porsche Boxster (986)
2000-2004 Porsche Boxster S (986)
2005-2007 Porsche Boxster (987)
2003-2006 Porsche Cayenne (955)
2005-2007 Porsche Cayman (987)

Functions
Reset service reminders
Reads diagnostic trouble codes
Displays actual values
Shows ECU information
Clears diagnostic trouble codes
Turns off check engine light
Turns off airbag light
It work on following systems
DME
Airbag
ABS
Tiptronic
Alarm
Seat Memory
Heating & A/C
And more...

Our product communicates with your car just like the factory tool does, and can access all of the systems in the car. OBD2 was created for emissions related problems and only covers a limited subset of your car's engine

ca18307fe9984fddaee66c6491624cac.jpg

Here is a page from my old 996:

996_c4_253.png

And data logging (which was the main use):

actualvaluesinexcel.GIF

Note: only ver 6.0.3.2 onwards can code cruise control etc (which these clone cables can't run as Durametric improved the cable security encryption etc)

EDITTED: to add back an image hosting that had gone AWOL

Got it all installed, just need the cable now.........

A little premptive, but I admire your preparedness :?

akis said:
And does it work on a Mac? :grin:

No.

System Requirements

Version 6
Version 6 system requirements differ from version 5...

Microsoft® Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Win7 (all varieties, 32- or 64-bit architectures)
1.8 GHz Pentium-class, dual-core processor or faster
1 GB Memory (RAM)
1 GB available disk space
Available USB 2.0 port (USB 3.0 not yet supported. Computers supporting USB 3.0 not recommended.)
Available Internet connection (required for installation and updates)
Screen resolution of 800x600 or greater
Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.5 sp1 (free download)
Adobe® Acrobat Reader (for viewing and printing documentation)
Durametric 2nd-generation cable (view details)

Version 5
The Durametric diagnostic tool for Porsche is a hardware / software based tool. The kit includes the cables necessary to connect your computer to your car and the software to make it all work.
The computer that runs the Durametric program should meet the following minimum requirements:

Microsoft® Windows XP, Vista, or Win7 (all varieties, and 32- or 64-bit architectures)
1.2 GHz Pentium-class processor or faster (2.0 GHz or faster strongly recommended for late-model cars)
512 MB Memory (RAM)
500 MB available disc space
Available USB 2.0 port
Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.5 sp1 (free download from Microsoft)
Adobe® Acrobat Reader (for viewing and printing documentation)

GT4 said:
A little premptive, but I admire your preparedness :?

You got me at free to download!! :thumbs:

So I did before I et time get by me and I forgot it was on my long list of things to do!! :eh!:

Problem installing USB drivers

Has anyone else encountered a problem installing the USB driver software, the main package installed fine but I get an error message saying:

"the installer encountered an unexpected error installing the package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2869"

It then closes the install wizard, I've tried downloading from the durametric site again but still the same problem. I'm in Windows 7

Any clues?

Thanks

Which version are you trying to install.

Re: Problem installing USB drivers

svrob said:
Has anyone else encountered a problem installing the USB driver software, the main package installed fine but I get an error message saying:

"the installer encountered an unexpected error installing the package. This may indicate a problem with the package. The error code is 2869"

It then closes the install wizard, I've tried downloading from the durametric site again but still the same problem. I'm in Windows 7

Any clues?

Thanks

I think I got that. Solved by installing Microsoft .NET

Can't recall details as I did it literally years ago.

That rings a bell (although I thought it was just a Windows ME thing):

Prerequisites:
Before installing the software, check the system requirements.
If needed, install Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0 or higher.
Install the Durametric cable drivers.
Install the Durametric software program. (version 5.1.4.0)

Version 5

I was trying the older version 5

I thought Windows 7 already had the .net framework as part of the OS, maybe it needs an earlier version of the .net framework to work although I thought I'd installed that as well!

Anyone know how to get round this or what I need to do?

Thanks

I recently bought one of these leads and also didn't have much success although a different problem to you. I was able to install the software ok (I stuck to the old version 3 that came with the cable) but found that I could only communicate with the engine and alarm ECUs; none of the others would work.

I then made the mistake of trying to uninstall and reinstall the software and drivers. Now that I've done this it won't communicate at all and the light on the connector doesn't illuminate. This is on XP rather than Windows 7.

I'm sure that doesn't help you but wanted to let you know you're not alone in struggling with getting this software to work!

Steve

Hi there!

Just about to order one of these as my car has a fault that I want to read.

Is one cable better than the other?

Which version of the software is best to download? I have Windows 7 32bit (installed as bootcamp on a Mac).

Many thanks
Mark

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back