Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car Magazine - Facelift Panamera spyshots

Roro

Sebring
Looks better than the previous model I think, but it looks to me like Porsche can't decide whether to model this car's looks on the 911 or Cayenne

porschepanamerascoop01.jpg

porschepanamerascoop02.jpg

porschepanamerascoop03.jpg

porschepanamerascoop04.jpg

porschepanamerascoop05.jpg

porschepanamerascoop06.jpg

porschepanamerascoop07.jpg

porschepanamerascoop08.jpg

porschepanamerascoop09.jpg

It is actually starting to grow on me ..

Making it a 5 seater would probably involve too much structural changes for it to be as profitable... Although Porsche do know their market... I reckon if there was enough demand for it they'd build a 5 seater. Not having a 5 seater Panamera means people wanting more seating will turn to a Cayenne which is probably more profitable for Porsche than the Panamera (I have no evidence for any of that, this is just pure speculation on my part!). However for any manufacturing company the key driver is profitability (no matter what they may tell you), so there's probably no sound financial basis for them to do a 5 seater.

I think many companies including Porsche with the Panamera are limiting their market by only having four seats.

The rear seats could be two fairly big seats with a smaller seat in the middle with a seat belt then it would still be a grand tourer with four seats but a extra option of five seats.

I have four children so could not have a Panamera,if it was a five seat car it would be ideal.

Myself and the children sat nice and cosy in the car and chuck the wife in the boot.

Yep, would have had a Panamera by now, three kids mean it's a no. If I wanted a SUV then Disco is a better family 4X4 than a Cayenne.

The Panamera is only two and a bit inches longer than my old Jaguar S-Type, but it's more than 4 inches wider. This makes the Porsche 'difficult in a multi-storey' and 'awkward in some city streets'. Well, in Britain anyway. Presumably, it was designed for the US.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back