Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Airfilter change WOW

nsm3

Seems a bit of a daft design if I am honest?

Mod update, For Video see next post

Slightly shocking isn't it, having to take off the rear bumper to change the air filter. It's a little naughty of Porsche to design the car that way.

How many hours labour is that just to change an air-filter? Clever engineering by Porsche to drum up labour at OPCs?

~ Maxie :frustrated:

It would have been better to have a part of the rear PU unscrew to gain access

Give us a job Mr Porsche :mechanic:

Not that daft if you charge by the hour. Does fixed priced servicing still happen for the 991?

clinchy993 said:
Senoj said:
Not that daft if you charge by the hour. Does fixed priced servicing still happen for the 991?

Fixed being the main word

Good point, thought that was illegal?

Hmm, Thank god I drive a 997! Was it me or did he catch the alloy on the disc? Also I noticed he undid the wheel nuts with out loosening them in the reverse order...ahem, maybe I should drive a 993 :D

A few years ago.....

"Gentlemen. Zee vurd on zee street is zat vee 'ave once again failed to vin zee vwar in producing a car zat zeez peasants who buy zem can not fix by zemselves!!!! Ziss vil not be tolerated!!! Go to your verk und make-a-diss-car!!!" (Sorry, was that a bit Italian just then..?)

Some time later...

"Herr Porsche. Vee present to you zee new Porsche 991! Vee 'ave made it too slippery for zee peasant mechanics tiny hands und vee 'ave disconnected zee steering from zee veels und vee 'ave made it cost zee fortune und vee also made zee new Boxter zee better car zan ziss.........

..........ze-DOH!!!

:thumbs: It's just a joke that's all! (Especially if you've just relieved yourself of £110K)........it's just a little joke!

What's going to happen in fifteen years time when all the fasteners have corroded? :grin:

Think he did catch that alloy and I winced when he took that PU off and put it on to a concrete floor! Give it something to sit on man! You'd think that he'd have got another guy to help him get it off too! :eek:

Bearing in mind the date, I thought this was a wind up, it must be, surely, Porsche wouldn't create such a dum ass design would they????

Mmmmm, I guess they would...... ridiculous :eek:

Well having watched ''that video'', i'm gobsmacked....what a ridiculous
design. I'm going to find out how much Porsche quote to have that air
filter changed.... :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back