Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ordered new Porsche 991 -Chrome trim on windows?

Fazam

Hi,

I have ordered a new 991 carerra in solid black. I am thinking about including the chrome trim around the windows in the spec? Whats your views on that?

Car is solid black with two tone light grey interior.
sport techno 20 inch wheels.

I am really unsure about the chrome, sitting on fence to decide? Also cannot see the option in configurator or brochure?

Any idea of cost?

Is this option going to be popular in uk? What do porsche customers prefer?

Tacky or does it make it look more prestigious? I actually like it, however dealer has advised me against it? Saying most customers go for black trim?

Need your advice buddies?

Are you talking about " aluminium window frames"?

My order been delayed several times and found out this option caused the delay. My dealer said this option won't ready till June. However, I read from other forum that someone's car completed this week with this option. Yu better double check with your local dealer.

This weeks autocar has a full test on a base carrera, which has the chrome window frames. Looks ok.

I think it looks perfect.

photo.JPG

I think it makes the car appear somewhat dated - just like the Jaguar in the picture above.

~ Maxie :grin:

Hi,

Thanks,

Yes i am talking about the aluminium frame around the window. I thinking from a resale perspective, will this option be preferable, or am i lowering the chance of resale generally speaking?

Can these be removed later?

Also cannot see the option on configurator, thinking about notifying my dealer today with option? Will try and find out if it will affect the delivery date, even though i think it has the option list has been locked.

Anyone know thwe price of this option.

Fazam said:
Hi,

Thanks,

Yes i am talking about the aluminium frame around the window. I thinking from a resale perspective, will this option be preferable, or am i lowering the chance of resale generally speaking?

Can these be removed later?

Also cannot see the option on configurator, thinking about notifying my dealer today with option? Will try and find out if it will affect the delivery date, even though i think it has the option list has been locked.

Anyone know thwe price of this option.
The price is around USD580 before tax in HK.

below is the feedback from my dealer regarding this option's status
"Option 559 delay is due to manufacturer's supply. At the moment, we have no 991 production done with option 559.

559 Window frames in high gloss aluminum Up to 11 weeks delayed in relation to the quota month.
Not available any more for MY C. "

Maxie said:
I think it makes the car appear somewhat dated - just like the Jaguar in the picture above.

My mistake, I thought it was a 991 with chrome window surrounds :wink:

(for the avoidance of doubt, I think they look repulsive on a sports car ...)

GT4 said:
Maxie said:

My mistake, I thought it was a 991 with chrome window surrounds :wink:

(for the avoidance of doubt, I think they look repulsive on a sports car ...)

:grin:

Somehow looked good on the 901.

porsche_901_7.jpg

Porsche%20901%20'1964.jpg

~ Maxie :)

jaguar_e-type.jpg

Do Porsche offer the wire-wheel option on the 991?

Unsure myself

But really like the chrome trim on my targa

The chrome on the Targa is an optical illusion.

OK, it is really there, but it is there to try and blend the panoramic sunroof rails and roof reinforcement away.

Without the chrome, having plain painted beams would look ungainly (and "heavy-handed") between the side windows and top glazing.

That again would be an optical illusion (although the roof structure is reinforced over the coupe, the side glass-house and side-on roofline/silhouette are the same as the coupe).

Agreed But I still like the look of it

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back