Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LJC 911

Dave,

That's great news.

This would be perfects for my girlfriend.

She is after a personified plate.

At the moment she doesn't have a 911, but it will be perfect for when she does.

At the moment her initials aren't LJC, but after the deed poll they could well be.

How much were you after for it?

I know prices are dropping because of the DVLA auctions and the reccession, but you should still be able to cover the postage costs.

Do you have a ballpark figure of how much you wanted?

To be fair peters, that is the best 911 plate we've seen for a long time.

For a start it actually has the numbers 9, 1 and 1 in the right order and requires "no more nails" (TM) for the effect.

The fact it is a dateless pre-'63 plate means it is short and intrinsically valuable too.

Not that I am in the running (I have two number plates already, one on the front and one on the back ...), but a broker would be asking north of £2k for similar plates.

Hi just checking is the number L J C 911, my eyes arnt as good as they where cheers JON.

Did you see 911?

It could be 'UC 911' if you spaced it right, and were a bit clever with your screw fixing. How awesome would that be!

Dave, if its been valued at £3000, surely you can sell it for £3000?

Why take any less?

Or sell it to whoever valued it for £2950, and they've made a quick £50 for their trouble.

heathelect said:
all offers considered, regards
Dave

Are you quite sure about that :hand:

peters said:
Did you see 911?

It could be 'UC 911' if you spaced it right, and were a bit clever with your screw fixing. How awesome would that be!

Dave, if its been valued at £3000, surely you can sell it for £3000?

Why take any less?

Or sell it to whoever valued it for £2950, and they've made a quick £50 for their trouble.

Amazing, I hadn't thought of that, "UC" 911, I'm very good at screwing things, so will think about making an offer.

GT4 said:
To be fair , that is the best 911 plate we've seen for a long time.

2k seems a fair price to me
if you like that sort of thing..........

Why is it that u lot on this forum see it fit to take the piss out of people trying to sell a BONA FIDA number plate.
I will now leave this this site and offer to people who dont take the PISS
Goodbye

Not that you'll read this, but I guess you just have to take it as a form of "any publicity is good publicity".

Any reply to this thread (or any other) promotes it to the top of the pile again.

Bask in your (plate's) 15 minutes of fame!

heathelect said:
Why is it that u lot on this forum see it fit to take the piss out of people trying to sell a BONA FIDA number plate.
I will now leave this this site and offer to people who dont take the PISS
Goodbye

Honestly, I have no idea. It's just how things work on here. If you don't like it don't play...

My guess though is that if a forum member was to sell a plate and they had been an active member for some time rather than somebody who had just registered to sell a plate they would be taken more seriously. Obviously they would have the piss taken a bit, but then they would be expecting it. Because that is what always happens here....

MC

MisterCorn said:
Honestly, I have no idea. It's just how things work on here. If you don't like it don't play...

My guess though is that if a forum member was to sell a plate and they had been an active member for some time rather than somebody who had just registered to sell a plate they would be taken more seriously. Obviously they would have the piss taken a bit, but then they would be expecting it. Because that is what always happens here....

MC

Tenure (and post count) appears to count for nothing ...

:frustrated:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=72540

GT4 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Tenure (and post count) appears to count for nothing ...

:frustrated:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=72540

A plate for sale thread by someone with almost 14,000 posts is certain to generate piss taking of massive proportions. A post count of under 4,000 would be OK though. I'm selling a set of plates too, but I'm not sure I should post them on here?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back