Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Cayenne Diesel 957 anyone got one?"

drgav2005

Hi Folks,

I know, I know... Porsche and Diesel in same sentence sacrilege.... however, I've got a 997.1 C4S too, so shoot me gently :)

Took one out for a test drive last week and was very impressed - better handling than the X5 and the suspension was much more compliant over the shocking road surfaces we have.

Hopefully just about to trade in my 4.8 iSE X5 for a 2009 plate Cayene diesel... pretty highly specced, about the only things it is missing are BOSE and a sunroof, which I heard was very rare.

Anything I should look out for? Any options a must have?? (it has air suspension, full leather, driver men, multifunction wheel, cruise, heated seats, mats, climate, bi-xenons, par assist, privacy glass, power lift tailgate, servotronic, universal audi interface, PCM / bluetooth and 20" alloys). I think that was most of the options ticked!

Just hoping that the numbers stack up. 8)

Re: Porsche Cayenne Diesel...

drgav2005 said:
Hi Folks,

I know, I know... Porsche and Diesel in same sentence sacrilege.... however, I've got a 997.1 C4S too, so shoot me gently :)

Took one out for a test drive last week and was very impressed - better handling than the X5 and the suspension was much more compliant over the shocking road surfaces we have.

Hopefully just about to trade in my 4.8 iSE X5 for a 2009 plate Cayene diesel... pretty highly specced, about the only things it is missing are BOSE and a sunroof, which I heard was very rare.

Anything I should look out for? Any options a must have?? (it has air suspension, full leather, driver men, multifunction wheel, cruise, heated seats, mats, climate, bi-xenons, par assist, privacy glass, power lift tailgate, servotronic, universal audi interface, PCM / bluetooth and 20" alloys). I think that was most of the options ticked!

Just hoping that the numbers stack up. 8)

From actual experience of these cars,

it sounds like you have most of the main options picked, forget the sunroof as it's very rare on diesels but more common on Turbo's

Bose is IMHO a must, since the OEM Audio is very average to fill such a big space, however Bose is something that can be added afterwards (but does cost) since the parts are available so don't let this spoil the deal

Must have options are for any Cayenne 2007-2010 Gen 2

Air Suspension, is much better than the normal stuff
PASM, makes the drive so much more adaptive in all conditions
Heated Seats, are a must
Xenons, let there be light
Sat Nav, a 2009 car will have PCM 3 the latest touch screen system
Big alloys are always a personal choice
but not sure about the option "driver men" you have listed !

the Mark II 2 957 are fairly reliable, so far and ironed out many of the earlier 955 issues

but still a lot of kit and if you can get an OPC warranty it's piece of mind for sure :)

Hahaha :lol:

Thanks for the reply - I'm guessing the driver men should really be me given I won't be employing the services of a chauffeur.

Likewise, I reckon it must have a universal audio interface rather than vorsprung durch technik sound system (although with parts sharing in the auto industry I suspect few components will be the same!!!).

Looks like most of the right options boxes are ticked. Interesting to note the BOSE can be retrofitted, that may be an option down the line if the standard system is not up to scratch.

I'm not sure if it has PASM - was that an additional option over the Air Suspension? Haven't seen any diesels in the classifieds that are advertising this, so I'm guessing it's as rare as the proverbial hen's teeth...

Thanks again for the feedback - hopefully will be on the driveway soon.

centre consol controls, if it has air suspension it should (?) have PASM

the control for PASM has 'comfort - normal - sport' in the middle

Comfort for City Driving
Normal for motorway Cruising
Sport for those other moments

Attachments

• cayenne_pasm_174.jpg
    cayenne_pasm_174.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 8,516
Many thanks!!! :worship:

I'll see if I can get the dealer to take a better pic of the centre console.

Don't suppose anyone has an electronic version of the original 2009 Cayenne spec / brochure available??

I'm trying to narrow down the choice between 2 cars so want to see if there is any significant differences between:

normal vs. sports seats
how good the rear view camera is versus standard Park Assist?
Is BOSE significantly better than standard audio?
Servotronic - any good?

Both cars have the all important Air Suspension, Bi xenons, climate, heated seats/ s/wheel, PCM and bluetooth

one has tow ball which would come in handy

Decisions, decisions!!! Thanks in advance for feedback :thumb:

you got a link to both cars ?

servotronic, not worth the extra
reversing camera is nice and useful extra
std v soprts seats is personal preference, I prefer sports but almost makes car more of a 4.5 seater than 5
bose, again personal preference but IMHO Bose is worth the extra, makes a difference with all that space to fill with sound and there is a lot

automatic tail gate, very useful option if one has it

pm sent!

Many thanks, :thumb:

Well, the new family car is now here...

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0800.jpg

Can't believe how good the ride quality is on 21" wheels and air suspension - BMW X5 on 20" wheels and SE suspension was enough to shake my fillings out...

Only driven 200 miles so far, but I'm really impressed :D

Very nice,love the wheels,hope you enjoy.We are awaiting my wifes new white Cooper S diesel countryman sorry Iam not in your league :envy:
Let us know how it goes :thumb:

:lol:

Cheers!

One of the neighbours has a white countryman - she put two graphite grey stripes on the car a couple of weeks ago - looks great. Hope you enjoy it when you get your hands on it!!! :thumb:

Cheers! :thumb:

:worship:

Great photo and absolutely great car!

I like Porsche Cayenne. It represents the ultimate in SUV performance and capability. All are agile, quick, able handlers that rival many sports cars, but also offer the versatility of being able tow between 6,000 and 7,700 pounds.

But Porsche has publicized a recall for additional than 100,000 models of the Cayenne SUV globally. The problem is with the headlights, which can detach from the front bumper and present safety issues.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=71396

Great information for DRGAV, who gives a dam bet it was great in snow to day, still awaiting Countryman,so sorry hoping for snow in June.(not got my 911 yet) :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back