Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sorry if thick

Chuckstar

on 991 how do you get left mirror to go down for seeing kerb in reverse?

i have setting ticked on menu ,also have left mirror red light selected but still won't angle down for parking!

... erm, well, if it's anything like the 996 or 997, then, um, yes. Sorry.

Check out "Parking Aids" chapter of owner's handbook.

Chunkstar...

You are one up on me then.. as I dont even have option. (ie. Tick Box)

Durgesh

Mirror

:bandit: 991 congratulations must be new . If i was u , i'd just make a list of all the bits your not sure about , inc mirror . just pop in the dealer u just bought the car from . Have nice cup tea , chat over the list . Can give u a headache going through the book . :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

Chunkstar, did you get anywhere with this, as on page 170 of the book it seems to mention with and without memory seats for dipping the mirror.

Dealer says no, but one of the launch models that I drove had the option without memory seats.

No i have never got this to work at all!
quite annoying really :roll:

I'm having the same problem with the door mirror. Have checked the manual to make sure it was set up properly but it still does not work. It seems as if it's a software problem to me. Has anyone got their nearside mirror to dip when selecting reverse?

The OPC is adamant that this is a feature that is only available on the 14-way adjustable electric seats.. Thats not how I read the manual though

waldorfsalad said:
I'm having the same problem with the door mirror. Have checked the manual to make sure it was set up properly but it still does not work. It seems as if it's a software problem to me. Has anyone got their nearside mirror to dip when selecting reverse?

If it helps, it worked on my test car yesterday when selecting the left-hand mirror. The car had all-singing adjustable seats.

I guess the manual is irrelevent, maybe go on to the configurator and config a car with and without memory then read the detailed specs? If the detailed specs suggest it is auto without memory seats then you can hammer the dealer to fix the problem.

Jamie said:
I guess the manual is irrelevent, maybe go on to the configurator and config a car with and without memory then read the detailed specs? If the detailed specs suggest it is auto without memory seats then you can hammer the dealer to fix the problem.

Taken off the Porsche web-site, under "Adaptive Sports Seat Plus":

"Offering 18-way electric adjustment, the seats can be optimally adapted to meet your needs in terms of seat height, squab and backrest angle, squab length, fore/aft adjustment and 4-way lumbar support. The steering column is also electrically adjustable.

In addition, the side bolsters on the seat squab and backrest are independently adjustable for added comfort on long journeys and precision lateral support on winding roads. Also included is the personal memory for all seat positions (apart from the side bolsters) and lumbar support on the driver's side as well as the positions of the steering wheel and exterior mirrors. The memory function also supports settings for the steering wheel, lights, wipers, air conditioning, door locks, optional PCM, and instrument cluster".

The mirror-dipping function has always been tied to the Seat Memory option in the past.

The manual describes how to operate the swivelling mirror as a parking aid on page 170. However, it does not mention that the memory seat option must be fitted for it to work Naughty Porsche!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back