Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
992 : 2019- 1
991 : 2011- 17
997 : 2004- 80
996 : 1997-2005 32
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 3
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 0
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 25
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 2
Macan : 2014- 4
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [992] 2018-Current
Porsche 911 [992]
911 [991] 2011-2019
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-2012
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

911turbo996
Monza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree it's money very well spent. Far better to find the limits of both yourself and your car in a controlled and safe environment, with experts on hand to offer reassurance and advice. CATDT and Millbrook, customer survey after the event 5/5 every single category on their customer satisfaction form. Can't get better than that!

marcass
Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great day today guys, and nice to meet you all. Tony, love the yellow 996. Today was the best day I have had in a car. Fastest, twistiest, biggest G. Rob, you were spot on- well worthwhile.
Thanks to the team at CAT.

marcass
Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....oh and Steve, nice sound !!

Have fun tomorrow guys, and sorry but we finished all the good biscuits. Sad

Ant Blain
Kyalami

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above; great, great day today. Highlights:

- Millbrook itself is a pretty bloody impressive facility. You can't fail to be impressed by the scale and diversity of the place! Cool

- The 911UKers in attendance today were all top guys, we had an absolute blast, in no small part because we all got on really well. puh

- The CAT DT guys (and gal!) are great; perfect balance of professionalism, experience, attention to detail and that 'personal touch / family-run business' feel. You want them to do really really well within the industry because they deserve it but almost not too well in case they get too big and lose that personal touch! worship

- All the 911s were the real stars of the day; the limits on these cars is probably way beyond what you think, doubled! I defy any of you 997 guys not to be amazed at what your car can do on your day tomorrow! Thumb

Also, quick tip for anyone driving down from the North tomorrow; Newport Pagnall services on the M1 (just before J14, so about 5 miles before you come off for Bedford / Millbrook) sells Optimax. Good place to fill up before you start the day. For info, I used about half a tank at Millbrook today.

Again, thanks all at CAT for a great day, and thanks to whoever organised this from 911UK (I forget, was it you Chris?)... thumbsup

Ant Blain
Kyalami

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcass wrote:
Tony, love the yellow 996.

Cheers; right back at you with your black on black with black wheels and black windows 997!! Cool

Great driving in the Caterham by the way; we all thought you'd won when we saw just your first run out of three, maybe you've missed your calling getting a 911, looks like a Caterham might be more suited...! Thumb

marcass
Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was stunned because Colin was critical when I came in after my first run.
Had a great day which was in large part to the great company. Hope we all get the opportunity to meet again!

Yeah I think I might go back to cat for more racing.

RobIpswichUK
Watkins Glen

1994 Porsche 993 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcass wrote:
Yeah I think I might go back to cat for more racing.

We all said that after the first 993 day
Range Rover Sport V8 (L320 chipped)
TT Roadster (standard - wife’s daily!)
W211 E320CDI Barge (must not forget - NEED TO SELL!)
E91 320d SE Touring (must not forget - NEED TO SELL!)

911turbo996
Monza

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Tony, it was me who arranged.. it was a great event today. I think we all got a lot out of the day, Millbrook and CATDT certainly exceeded all my expectations. Totally knackered tonight, not really helped by some fun and games with my headlights on the way home tonight.. oh the joys sometimes of owning a 996..

Ant Blain
Kyalami

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911turbo996 wrote:
Cheers Tony, it was me who arranged.. it was a great event today. I think we all got a lot out of the day, Millbrook and CATDT certainly exceeded all my expectations. Totally knackered tonight, not really helped by some fun and games with my headlights on the way home tonight.. oh the joys sometimes of owning a 996..

Cool, thanks again Chris for organising the day, think we all enjoyed it immensely! Thumb

Your headlight problem seems like a switch, very common I think, cheap and simple fix, loads of info on the forum if you search I think (sorry no first-hand experience, can't help further).

By the way, I'm Ant / Anthony, the Tony from today was in the blue 996, I won't answer to Tony I'm afraid, I'm an Ant kinda guy... Wink

Listener

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree with all of the above, our instructor Paul was a legend and let us push it to the limit, a true unflappable professional; when he said push it you knew you could. I'm happy going fast, but he knew that the car had more to give and I learnt a lot and was taken outside my comfort zone which was what I wanted.

The 911 guys were all gents and a great group to be with and it is a day I will never forget - what these cars can do is amazing and you guys today are in for a treat.

A word of warning: When you are driving it's over in a flash, when you're waiting, it feels like forever.... but it's worth the wait.

Finall, I almost wish I'd taken the caterham out rather than the scooby for the gymkhana to be properly competitive, but that car was epic to drive and a real handful; but to be in with a shout in the final challenge - stick with rear wheel drive!

Quality day chaps - to those of you getting up for this -Enjoy!!!1

Big fud
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: great Reply with quote

On my way 5 mins I'll be there can't wait now after reading the above positive feedback

[/quote]

perrin996
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant day out yesterday I never had so much fun in my car and even when we were pushing the cars to their ultimate grip levels in the corners it never felt unsafe it was excellent.

I am also pleased you liked the noise of my 911.

What amazed me was that it proved a standard 911 996 or 997 are absolutely brilliant in the dry and you have no chance of oversteer.(that will start arguments down the pub)

I loved the caterham and now wish with a little less rubber burning I could have got my time a few tenths lover and taken the win but I did enjoy going round in circles in it.

Steve

Now when do we go again?

911turbo996
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumb Cheers Ant! Cheap and easy fix the switch, but you know what's it like after a long day, jump in the car, and the damn lights aren't working..

For those interested I did talk with Jo about the next training step for another possible 911UK group day. CATDT are pretty much booked up until August but if Jo comes back to me with some possible dates for another event I will try and arrange day for those interested.

Personally I learnt a lot yesterday, but the day also raised many points that I need to practice to get right. Add to that the fact that I have already emailed Centre Gravity to get my car tweaked, and it all adds up to wanting to go again. Next time if they do a Gymkhana unless we get a prize for spinning and finishing in the box backwards without hitting the cones.. I think I'll take the Scooby.

Thanks everyone you made the day very special. I am sure today they will all enjoy it just as much as we did.

Wink Wink

marcass
Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrin996 wrote:

Now when do we go again?

What you doing this afternoon?

CATDT
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday was a great day and you are a lovely bunch. Haven't caught up with the crew this morning but think they are due their cup of tea before heading out onto the Handling Circuit.

Glad you made it safely home and that Perrin996 survived being late for the party thumbsup

Congratulations to the winners on the day:

Driver of the Day = Perrin996
Slidey Choc = 911Turbo996
End of Day Gymkhana = Marcass

I haven't had a chance to update the league table yet, but will endeavour to do later today. Your times were the closest we've ever had I think - 0.32 seconds separating 1st to 4th. Check out this page later Marcass to see your name in lights Very Happy

http://catdrivertraining.co.uk/index.php/cat-driver-training-courses/groups-a-corporate/car-clubs-a-forums.html

& 911Turbo996 - that finish in the gate was the best yet .... if only we had a camera Laughing

Look forward to seeing you again soon and I'll be in touch Chris with some date options for the Cornering Masterclass Thumb

Off to serve the teas Smile

Jo

Ant Blain
Kyalami

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

911turbo996 wrote:
Thumb Cheers Ant! Cheap and easy fix the switch, but you know what's it like after a long day, jump in the car, and the damn lights aren't working..

For those interested I did talk with Jo about the next training step for another possible 911UK group day.

Wonder if having to turn our headlights on and off about a million times during the day somehow contributed to the problem? Question

Definitely be interested in doing further tuition days, I'll keep watching this space! Thumb

perrin996 wrote:
I am also pleased you liked the noise of my 911.

It sounded great popping and banging on the outer handling course! Either that or your exhaust is on its way out...!! Floor

dodgyfocus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great day,Very Happy It was good to meet you all and put some faces to the names.

It's hard to say which bit I found most enjoyable, but it would be a tossup between the handling circuit or the Gymkhana as that Caterham was just bonkers! I want one now!

Anyway massive thanks to Colin, Paul and Jo from CAT and not forgetting Chris for organising the event. thumbsup

Ant Blain wrote:

Definitely be interested in doing further tuition days, I'll keep watching this space! Thumb

Definitely seconded. Drive

Big fud
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: yipeee Reply with quote

Just got out my hot bath Smile

Where do i start was an amazing day so much to learn and to take on board and then put into action,It was also great to have a team showing you how and what to do and when to do it.

Was a lovely day weather wise until it was time for me to do the Gymkhana Mad lol loved that little course and the car was good also.

The events could not be put together better if you tried,As i say the team there are spot on what they do inc the food jo xx The bunch of lads i met off here all had a great laugh and we all got on well which also helps so much .

Many thanks all involved .

The fud xx

stevejc
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great day, Many thanks to the whole group but special thanks to Paul, Colin and Jo for making sure ever thing was perfect, mind you they did fail on the weather at the end but on second thoughts, the rain actually spiced up the Gymkhana event.

Just a couple of snaps from the end.

Steve

TVR Griffith 500
2.8 Injection Capri

911turbo996
Monza

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as though the Sunday was a big success just as the Saturday was. Overall the team at CATD excelled themselves and all my expectations. As Big fud says the scheduled events could not have been put together better.

As soon as Jo confirms with me the possible dates of the next event I will PM all those who attended on either the Saturday / Sunday and take reservations from those interested before announcing it on the forum. Hence those who attended this weekend will get a heads up, so no need to monitor the thread in case you miss it!

Really pleased that everyone who attended enjoyed it and lastly thanks again to the team, Colin, Jo & Paul at CATD for a very well organised and very enjoyable 911UK weekend. Thumb

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: