Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice picture of a few 991s

ian996

I must admit the new 991 does look very nice especially in Guards Red.

Attachments

• 493933102_193.jpg
    493933102_193.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 5,859
it's interesting that all the launch cars are bright colours, but everyone then goes and buys it in silver, grey, blue and black
:dont know:

Blue is only the real mainstream colour out there that has a bit of character!

I think there's a big resurgence in bright colours, over the last two years. Hopefully the boredom of every car being black or silver has worn off, so hopefully there'll be plenty of Guards red or Speed Yellow 991's around in 5 years for £25k!

That's exactly why there won't be. Solid colours especially as they are a ***** to keep clean without scratching, my solid black 997 was a good example, never again. After an expensive detail it looked brand new. A couple of washes later it looked as though the Olympic skating team had practiced on it. That red would be just like that, as well as fade by the time it was 5years old. Does look good in the showroom though.

Can't really go wrong with a good silver :thumb:

sidlo said:
That's exactly why there won't be. Solid colours especially as they are a ***** to keep clean without scratching, my solid black 997 was a good example, never again. After an expensive detail it looked brand new. A couple of washes later it looked as though the Olympic skating team had practiced on it. That red would be just like that, as well as fade by the time it was 5years old. Does look good in the showroom though.

My last twin turbo 'iS' Z4 was blue and it never looked clean the next day after it was cleaned. never again!!!

007.jpg

If/when I spend 98k on a brand new 991 the last thing I will think is 'oh, I wonder, will the next owner like this shade of silver?!'

What a silly idea that is

Unless you choose pink or grape fruit orange I'm sure someone will buy it off you ok anyway :grin:

Lets get colourful with the 991 :thumb:

I ordered silver because it always looks clean, if it's easier to sell in 1 or 2 years that's just a bonus :D

I think the 991 looks slightly better in blue but it's not for me because it always looks dirty.

sidlo said:

Granted the 991 does look good in silver, but as for the 996...

I thought it looked too much like a big lump of plastic in silver.

sidlo said:

+1, thought the same. Don't know how much the individual colours will cost, but for example BMW has very fine selection of exterior colours.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back