Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked Up My 991 Today

durgesh

Hi Guys,

Picked up my 991 Carrera S today, can't wait to run it in, to see what it really can do !

So far... very impressed with the car... but it's only been half a day of ownership....

Attachments

• p1030051_130.jpg
    p1030051_130.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 8,536
Sat in a new one today. :) Jaguar XF-ish interior.

How different on the road is it from your previous/other 911s?

What can i say enjoy my friend :worship:

Like the wheels, Enjoy the car! :thumbs:

What a cracker of a day today to be out enjoying a new 991!!

Have fun

Lookin' very good and ditto on the wheels

But what really interests me is your previous cars. From 997 Turbo to 997 GT3 RS to 991 C2S :eek:

Please, please , please give us some comparisons

Lovely and congrats!

More pics please ....... If you get out of it this weekend.....

Would be nice to see some real life pics of this awesome looking car!

Enjoy!!

Congrats on the new purchase OP. I test drove a 991 S this morning, very nice. I'm in love with the way the car looks, it's VERY sexy. Oh, and loving the rims too! :thumbs:

durgesh said:
Hi Guys,

Picked up my 991 Carrera S today, can't wait to run it in, to see what it really can do !

So far... very impressed with the car... but it's only been half a day of ownership....

Great choice on the wheels

what's the full spec on the car ? :thumb:

wow what a looker...... :thumb:

Full Spec:

Basalt Black Metallic
Black leather interior
ParkAssist front and rear
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Chrono Package Plus
20-inch Carrera S wheel
Wheel centres
Heated seats
Cruise control
Light design package
Floor mats
Sports seats plus
SportDesign steering wheel
Telephone module
BOSE® Surround Sound System
Porsche Communication
Management (PCM) including
navigation module

Reading OPC then stripped down the wheels and painted them Basalt Black with Guards Red pin strip. They have done an amazing job.

First 24 hours with the car has been very interesting...

Gearbox is the best PDK or F1 type box I have ever driven, this is probably my single most favorite thing about the car. In fully auto, you can pull off and go through 5 gear changes, and have not even felt a single one, you just hear rev's change. Second to First gear downshift WOW !

Second the noise.. I dont have PSE.. but the induction noise you inside the cabin is close to the volume of my GT3 RS. And I have only taken it to 4,000 rpm, as still running it in. Standard Exhaust is also much much louder than a standard 997.

Suspension, again I don't have PDCC. Having ordered my car in September did not have the chance to drive one with, and it was a fairly expensive option, so decided to leave it out.. might be a mistake, might not. But with the standard Carrera S suspension car is very very comfortable, and for the first time, the PASM sport mode is actually usable on road. On both my previous 997's, I only ever used it on track, as car was too jumpy on the London roads.

But I have to say it drives like a different car.. you cant get the nose to bounce even if you try, and the confidence you get on turn in feels much much more like a mid engine car. IT IS BETTER THAN EVEN THE RS !

Steering, yes a lot of the feel as gone.. but dare I say "only the bad bits", basically wheel does not "jump" around as much, pulling you here and there, but you do still get a feel for what the front wheels are doing, you dont feel disconnected from the car.. just the bumps, ripples and camber on the road

Cabin is a much much nicer place to be, and as this will be my daily car, very happy to be sitting in something that feels so much more special.

Once I bed everything in, will get a chance to really see what she can do.. already just using half the rev's it feels much faster for road use than the GT3, as you dont have to work it as hard.

I'm thinking I need a splash of red on the car to tie in the red pin strip a little. I have had some custom "Carrera S" decals in red made up. In the style and size of the "Carrera GTS / GT2 RS", so for placement in the front bottom corner of the doors. I'll see what it looks like.. worse case just peel them off. I think it will work, but some of my friends dont.... watch this space....

Attachments

• p1030058_171.jpg
    p1030058_171.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 8,417
  • p1030059_352.jpg
    p1030059_352.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 8,417
  • p1030060_992.jpg
    p1030060_992.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 8,417
  • p1030061_164.jpg
    p1030061_164.jpg