Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

968 Sport

cyruspower

Cheers for the suggestions. Am going to see a red Sport tomorrow. It has silver wheels, but if I get it, will get Chris W to paint them red:

8.jpg

Can he respray the G-Shok too?

Love iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I love 968s.......

The hunt is on.

I'm enjoying mine :)

Attachments

• 968sm_132.jpg
    968sm_132.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 12,333
My other half is on the hunt for one too.. :roll:

Manual, must have A/C.

Are they ok as a daily drive?

Yep great to drive, comfortable, quick and cheap to keep on the road and in good order.

Not much rust on these cars if any as they are double galvanised, they are getting on so seals and belts need replacing on the engine to make them oil tight again. That costs around £450 but you know it's done and wont need for anything else for a long time again. CS cars always seem to have bad teeth on the gears on the cam shafts. They are expensive but some places offer a teeth/gear set replacement now. Maybe it's because CS cars have been revved more I don't know but it is much more common. I had mine checked out and the chain and plastic followers(£13) replaced as they had worn and stretched. The gears and camshafts were perfect in mine. It's worth doing when you are having the belts and pulleys replaced.

Brakes/calipers can get plate lift and it will cost you about £100 a corner to sort including parts and labour. Discs are about £50 each and pads around £30.

Tax kinda cheap and I found Lancaster Insurance services very good for my premium for the year was only £280 no mileage restriction.

Once you get one sorted and the important stuff done for peace of mind the following years will be very cheap to run. Just factor in spending upto a grand when you buy it.

:thumb:

Just spoke to Andy and Ninex and he has a couple available. Going over on Monday or Tuesday lunchtime to take a look. Neither are AC cars and he told me few of them are. These guys are big on racing 968s, themselves and customer cars.

Cheers for the info MQ, really useful info that I'll use when it comes to negotiating!

Cool, good luck with your search as they are starting to climb a little in price now.
:thumb:

cyruspower said:
Just spoke to Andy and Ninex and he has a couple available. Going over on Monday or Tuesday lunchtime to take a look. Neither are AC cars and he told me few of them are. These guys are big on racing 968s, themselves and customer cars.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Amazing what you can find when at home with man flu :sad:

clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Amazing what you can find when at home with man flu :sad:

Hope you feel better soon mate. Has the sympathy stopped yet? AnnMarie's lasts about three days, then she's had enough.

How did you find those at Ninex? There doesn't seem to be a for sale section on the site.

I know it's a cab but lovely colour, low miles and condition. Yummy. Summer cruiser :thumbs:

ONE owner. MINT. FSH. Collector quality  (1992)
53,000 miles, This 968 3.0 Cabrio is likely to be one of the best you can find. It is absolutley immacualte and unlikely to have ever been used in the wet. The body and interior are ...
Full Details Stock List
PL12
Adrian Crawford 'Passion for Porsche'
£12,950

Update :thumb: :

Paid a deposit on a red 968 Sport this morning and have a Peter Morgan inspection booked for next week. Drove really well (really neutral handling and so much more stable than a 911) and is in great condition, bar a few marks here and there and a fairly scabby set of Cup IIs. Certainly no obvious rust and the interior is pretty much mint.

93k miles, only two owners (first female, second an older dude) and full OPC service history with belts and seals done 10k ago and no oil leaks.

No air con, but who cares, it has a lift out roof and electric windows that go up and down. Still thinking I'll go for red wheels though, like a Club Sport.

Red Wheeeeeeeeels!!!!! :food:

8.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back