Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo

911SPS

After much deliberation, saving, selling of body parts, salvaging of my current relationship, I've taken the plunge and placed a deposit on a 08 997 Turbo.

It's with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to my 996 C4S but have been hankering after a 911 Turbo for the last 35 years.

Be interested to hear from anybody that has made this particular switch and any advice for a new Turbo owner?

Thanks!

:?:

Well done - 997 turbo is on my bucket list too..! :thumb:

Congratulations! Enjoy the new car and post up some pics when you get it!

Are you getting it from an OPC? Are you trading in your old one?

Are we allowed to know how much they are giving you for it?

When I enquired they said they would just trade it out as it was too old for them. (12 months ago)

Peter

PS

Is 911SPS your reg plate.

If I get a 911S, thatll do me nicely.

I'm afraid that's not my plate - wouldn't that be nice if it was though?!

Discussions still underway re the price - not sure what they will do with car though, retail themselves/auction.

Hmmmmm....

:boxer:

Where you after a Turbo too Pete?

peters said:
Are you getting it from an OPC? Are you trading in your old one?

Are we allowed to know how much they are giving you for it?

When I enquired they said they would just trade it out as it was too old for them. (12 months ago)

Peter

PS

Is 911SPS your reg plate.

If I get a 911S, thatll do me nicely.

At the time, I was after a ex-demo 997 Cabrio, about 3 months old, loaded with goodies.

I must've been early autumn, because when it came to them having mine, they told me the demand for cabs was dropping. It didn't appear to apply to theirs though!!

We couldnt agree on a price, and as I had parked them side by side, I couldn't justify the (£45K to £60K depending on whether you were me or them) price differential.

Kept mine, and happy I did.

I do keep hankering after a turbo though.

I had 2 Renault 5 GT Turbo's in my younger days!

I'm hoping the 997 will be alot different!

Hear what you are saying about the hankering though - I turned 40 this year and I think the hankering has lasted around 35 years!

With prices now down in the mid £40k mark they are looking like a bargain

apw2007 said:
For an '08 997 Turbo? Where from? Certainly not from an OPC - that's more like £60k. Cheapest I can find on Pistonheads is £50k.

I didn't have the cahuna's to buy from a private punter - felt I needed some, ahem, back up should the unthinkable occur.

spyderman said:
apw2007 said:
For an '08 997 Turbo? Where from? Certainly not from an OPC - that's more like £60k. Cheapest I can find on Pistonheads is £50k.

I think you need to pay 55k+ for a decent car from an OPC. I've driven and looked at a few at OPCs, looked at a £50k tip example and the leather was well worn and it had loads of rattles in the cabin, only 25k miles! It's worth paying a bit more for a nice one IMO.

They're very tempting at the current prices.

anotherGT2 said:
spyderman said:
apw2007 said:

I think you need to pay 55k+ for a decent car from an OPC. I've driven and looked at a few at OPCs, looked at a £50k tip example and the leather was well worn and it had loads of rattles in the cabin, only 25k miles! It's worth paying a bit more for a nice one IMO.

They're very tempting at the current prices.

Agreed - 55K was the base figure I set - amazing how blaise you become about increments of £1K though, cold hard slap around the face was required when the salesman tried the 'only another 20K and we can have you in a Turbo S'

:saw:

No regrets from moving from C4S to Turbo! :thumb:

Slayer said:
No regrets from moving from C4S to Turbo! :thumb:

Ah good stuff - the car has just had 4 new tyres/major service so am hoping that will last.

How are you finding the running costs compared to the C4S?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back