Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbies~picking up my 991 on Wed~ please help : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesteed

Hello everyone,

I am due to pick up my new white 991 this Wednesday. I have never owned a Porsche in my life, so I feel very priviledged especially it is the legendary 911!

I have a few queries wondering if you guys can help me with as I have never dealt with Porsche dealers before.

My first question is, my dealer just told me that Porsche doesn't provide any complimentary 7 days car Insurance which surprised me. I recall that with my current VW and with my friends Audi and M-Benz we all received this.....so was this the same with everyone?

Secondly, has anyone ever tried any protection film such as the 3M venture shield for the bonnet, side mirrors and headlamps etc.? Or the risk of stone chips is relatively low considering the shape of the front?

My dealer also strongly recommend a paint protection system for my white 991 (I think called diamondbrite) for just under £200. Has anyone got any experience with this? and would you recommend it?

Sorry to fire so many questions on my first post...here is a treat to your eyes and more will come very very soon
:wink:

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Check third-party film won't invalidate the warranty.

It looks like you have the 3.4 Carrera with sports Exhausts.

That is probably the nicest picture I have seen of the 991.

I think that the diamondbrite that the OPC are suggesting is a waste of time and not worth £200.

Car looks stunning hope you really enjoy it.

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful car.

When I purchased my 997 from an OPC they did provide me (via Admiral) 7 days cover.

Enjoy! :thumbs:

Don't bother with Diamondbrite, if you want to protect it then spend the money with a professional detailer. You should be fine with the film re warranty, but I have mixed feelings about it, especially on white because it can 'yellow' with age. My OPC provided cover, who is your dealer?

blue62 said:
Don't bother with Diamondbrite, if you want to protect it then spend the money with a professional detailer. You should be fine with the film re warranty, but I have mixed feelings about it, especially on white because it can 'yellow' with age. My OPC provided cover, who is your dealer?

Firstly congrats!!

Secondly as above dont bother with Diamondbrite...which OPC is offering this???

Contact Elite Detailer (on this site) to book a full pre-delivery detail....it is astonishing how scratched a car is on delivery! It will be the best thing you can do.

Paintshield (based in Peterbrough) are very good and Tom the owner will look after your car. Many companies offering this will use a knife on your car so you need to be in the best hands if considering this. The main area to protect is the front end, there are varying amounts of protection ranging from a bumper to full frontal shield. There are also different grades of film ranging; lower end are thin, yellow easily and also have an orangepeel appearance, top end are very durable and almost undetectable. Neitehr will protect your licence ;)

Dual pipes = Carrara S

(unless PSE fitted, which is a slightly odd option on the less sporty, cheaper model)

Porsche_911_991_dalsi_novejsi_14_800_600.jpg

Porsche-Carrera-S-911-991-001.jpg

ian996 said:
It looks like you have the 3.4 Carrera with sports Exhausts.

That is probably the nicest picture I have seen of the 991.

I think that the diamondbrite that the OPC are suggesting is a waste of time and not worth £200.

Car looks stunning hope you really enjoy it.

Thanks!! I am really really excited to picking her up!

I think (as few others have suggested) that I will ask them not to apply the diamondbrite and find a professional detailer to do this....

So is it the planet-saving model or the child-killer?

We gotst to know.

aak said:
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful car.

When I purchased my 997 from an OPC they did provide me (via Admiral) 7 days cover.

Enjoy! :thumbs:

Thanks! thats what I would have expected too....perhaps its because of my age.....not yet 25, thats probably why they are too scared to insure me? (I must be the luckiest man on earth to own a 911 at this age)

Chris W said:
blue62 said:

Firstly congrats!!

Secondly as above dont bother with Diamondbrite...which OPC is offering this???

Contact Elite Detailer (on this site) to book a full pre-delivery detail....it is astonishing how scratched a car is on delivery! It will be the best thing you can do.

Paintshield (based in Peterbrough) are very good and Tom the owner will look after your car. Many companies offering this will use a knife on your car so you need to be in the best hands if considering this. The main area to protect is the front end, there are varying amounts of protection ranging from a bumper to full frontal shield. There are also different grades of film ranging; lower end are thin, yellow easily and also have an orangepeel appearance, top end are very durable and almost undetectable. Neitehr will protect your licence ;)

Thanks so much for the info :worship: I will give them a call very soon!

Rimmer said:
Didn't think you could order the 3.4 yet :?:

I pre-ordered this car back in August when I heard rumours that it will be out soon....at the time I thought since this will be my 1st Porsche I will go for the entry level 911, now I think why the hxll didn't I order the S instead hahah....but I know I will definitely love the car anyway, she is so beautiful :D

:bye: is your browser working? :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back