Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Turbo

HDB

Hi

New to the site.

Im interested in purchasing a new 991 Carrera S, but was wondering when the Turbo will arrive.

If anyone could tell me roughly what month of what year the Turbo is expected that would be very helpful.

If it will arrive in around 1 year then I might hold off purchasing a new Porsche until then.

But if its going to be almost two years - then I might think of purchasing an S now.

Some magazines such as Evo are stating it will arrive in 2013 but they dont mention what month.

I would greatly appreciate any info you have.

Cheers.

H2 2011 991 Carrera and Carrera S
H1 2012 991 Carrera and Carrera S Cabriolet
H2 2012 991 Carrera 4 and Carrera 4S
H1 2013 991 GT3 (450 BHP)
H2 2013 991 Targa 4 and Targa 4S
H2 2013 991 Turbo (520 BHP)
H1 2013 991 Speedster
H1 2014 991 Turbo Cabriolet
H2 2014 991 Carrera Hybrid S (although actually a 3.4)

Wow, Turbo should be coming after the GT3?

There were rumours that the Turbo should be coming late 2012 - is it not the case anymore?

I've got my letter of intent in for a turbo, was told it's out later next year so deliveries Jan 2014.

I've got my 991S for now.

Yes, those are production/official release dates.

Rimmer said:
I've got my letter of intent in for a turbo, was told it's out later next year so deliveries Jan 2014.

I've got my 991S for now.

Similar for me - I also have a letter of intent for a Turbo and was told first deliveries towards the end of 2013 (consistent with the production information shown above).

I was intending to wait until post-March 2014 as this fits better with my personal circumstances, and was nervous about getting one of the first cars which may suffer from some teething issues!

:)
Sidicks

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

Being new to Porsche I was also surprised that the gt3 comes out before the turbo.

I guess I'm going to put in an Order for a 991 S.

Has anyone seen any renders of the turbo they think are accurate?
I personally hope they change the side air intakes to make it more different to the 997.

I know there are several spy photos of it testing.

Also - anyone have an idea of the base cost of this thing?
I expect it to be more than the 997 version.

Finally, anyone driven a turbo?

Stupid question but how does it compare to a S which is also a fantastic car?!

Anyway, thanks again.

991 Turbo
photo.JPG

991turboblue-1.jpg

photo.JPG

90ToBXNT.jpg

photo.JPG

991 GT3
991 GT3 needs to get out there and work for its living (on track).

It's being developed by Porsche Motorsport in parallel.

It is also a narrow body evolution.

997 Turbo
997 Turbo is like the hand of God.

If you had to have a Mad Max end-of-the-world car, it would be a 997 Turbo.

Damn!!!

I'm sold!

If I was in a dealership and they told me that I would sign on the dotted line. Ha ha

I was really hoping those were going to be the accurate renders because if the car comes out looking like that, and performs as well as expected, it's going to be incredible. Thanks for posting those up.

It's just a shame the wait is so long.
Having said that I'm really looking forward to the S. it will be my first Porsche, and so when the turbo comes round I would have a better/ safer understanding/ appreciation of how a Porsche drives.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back