Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

i pod/music sd cards usb sticks what option is best?

Chuckstar

what options are there?
usb stick?
i pod?
Dont think its like my audi with a sd card reader which i have found the easiest of all!
:? :?

IMO i think they should have build in a hard drive for music storage. I currently own a 2011 BMW z4 which has that, and its great. Before I had an audi with dual SD cards readers, which is also OK, but i really don't like the fact that Porsche offers non op these options.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, if porsche does offer this...

I believe the iPod/iPhone option for the Gen.2 cars with PCM does have a USB socket.

Universal Audio Interface equipped models get direct USB connection:

porsche-Audio-interface.jpg

cabin noise & music

I've never had much luck enjoying music on the Bose in my 997. I'm more content to listen to the engine. Perhaps the 991 will be more Lexus like and offer an environment to listen to the stereo. But, then there's PSM.

GT4 said:
Universal Audio Interface equipped models get direct USB connection:

porsche-Audio-interface.jpg

Could you also use a portable HD there? Say a small (via usb powered) 80gb drive?

It may have to be self-powered (I don't know the current draw allowed on the Porsche end, and often those back up drives even have a "Y" spllt two USB power cable as PCs can't supply adequate current via one USB).

But other than power, the file system will be accessible, just like the memory stick.

spyderman said:
I believe the iPod/iPhone option for the Gen.2 cars with PCM does have a USB socket.

Indeed it is optional for PCM 3 cars - Universal Audio Interface is what you are looking for and adds USB, iPod and line in. I've only used the iPod connector (on an iPhone) thus far but it works fine and you can navigate your music and play lists with the touch screen or the computer stalk.

charging up my i pod for the car,but no car yet was due 2nd feb but now 2 weeks more wait :sad:

I'd grab a 160Gb Ipod classic and stick the music in Apple Lossless

best quality and convenience you can get at present

at least until manufacturers support FLAC (if ever)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back