Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spring Clip Brake Tool for Porsche 996 and 997 GT3

Senoj

Folks,

I'm going to buy one of these

GT3Tool1.jpg

for doing this

GT3Tool2.jpg

GT3Tool3.jpg

anyone know of anywhere more local than California to get one?

If not, up for a group buy? listed at $49.95 in the US. I will send them a mail and ask for a price on a few.

interesting, but with the retaining pin removed does that spring clip slot out?

I just got mine delivered this week after cursing the strength of the GT3 retaining spring, the Carrera was so easy.

Danny, it's $65 delivered to a UK address and comes in a handy storage tube, give Fred @ traqjunk an email, he was very helpful. I haven't tried it yet but all write ups on Rennlist are positive

traqjunk mailed.

anyone want one let me know over the next few days.

Stuart said:
I just got mine delivered this week after cursing the strength of the GT3 retaining spring, the Carrera was so easy.

Danny, it's $65 delivered to a UK address and comes in a handy storage tube, give Fred @ traqjunk an email, he was very helpful. I haven't tried it yet but all write ups on Rennlist are positive

having just added the Pad change to the FAQ, I seem to recall that this sping clip doesn't exactly spring out !

911UK said:
Stuart said:

having just added the Pad change to the FAQ, I seem to recall that this sping clip doesn't exactly spring out !

It's the notches on the pin that make it worse, the Carrera pin was smooth, plus there's less 'give' with the GT3 spring to allow movement, you need strong thumbs...

Handy tool to have....if I could just find an easy way of getting the sodding
wheels off. :roll:
Danny, what pads are you running on yours ?

standard rear, Performance Friction 06 or 01 front.

read good reports of PF08 as well.

I take it that you're sticking on a new set prior to Iberia ?

need to get the wheels off and have a proper look. From the outside there seems plenty of meat left on the front, rears need swapping but I have an OE set of pads ready. I may just take some spare front pads with me.

Have you looked into the steels option?

Senoj said:
need to get the wheels off and have a proper look. From the outside there seems plenty of meat left on the front, rears need swapping but I have an OE set of pads ready. I may just take some spare front pads with me.

Have you looked into the steels option?

..Yup, with the upcoming Iberian costs (+ wife's compensation package),
new tyres, new steels too ?
i'd be looking for probably either a lottery ticket payout or ''doing a bank''
...just joking :cop:
The cost of new steels (although a huge saving over new ceramics)
is still a whole lot of cash....if I was keeping the car longterm I wouldn't be
so hesitant. Just have a feeling that by mid summer next year i'll be
hunting for another car (RS 4.0).
For now, i'll get some new replacement pads fitted whilst keeping a
watchful eye on disc wear. :grin:
I'm also going to get some advice from the mothership (ie, on this
particular generation of ceramic disc, what's the formula for pad changes
to disc replacement)....and yes...''it all depends on how hard you are on
the brakes''...''dependant on what tracks you're driving...'' etc..lol :grin:

su

Senoj said:
traqjunk mailed.

anyone want one let me know over the next few days.

I may be interested. Have you got a group buy price yet. If not it will just go on the essential expenditure list and be used by the wife when she has a rant about the money I waste on cars :hand:

Pip 8)

Pip, there's two of us so far...I don't expect a big discount :nooo:

will let you know via PM.

nick w said:
Just have a feeling that by mid summer next year i'll be
hunting for another car RS 4.0.

I hate you.

Never sit next to me again when we are out!
(unless it's in the drivers seat giving me a PAX lap)

:grin:

You can never hate anyone who loves dogs...that's a known fact ! :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back