Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The King is dead, long live the King!

GT4

Nordschleife
autozeitungaudir8vsbmw6.jpg

The 991 real-world performance is really quite incredible :eek:

The more powerful and AWD variants will truly be (hyper-car) giant slaying.

:thumb: the "S" looks tasty.

GT4 said:
autozeitungaudir8vsbmw6.jpg

The 991 real-world performance is really quite incredible :eek:

The more powerful and AWD variants will truly be (hyper-car) giant slaying.

I know it's not 'important' for most of us at least, but the comparison of fuel economy and Co2 output with the R8 is unbelievable.

Not only is the car significantly faster - 0.5s to 100 km/h, 0.9s to 120 km/h, 2.3s to 200 km/h, 2.5s around the circuit - but the fuel ecomony is in a different league - 11.5 l / 100 km v 14.5 l/ 100km, 8.7 l / 100 km v 13.3 l/ 100km.

The Co2 figure is just 205 g/km v 310 g/km for the R8.

Wow!
:)
Sidicks

Lets not forget however that the other two motors are older and that Audi and BMW will have new models before too long.

"The current R8 is due for a facelift at the Geneva motor show in March. Aside from cosmetic upgrades, the biggest developments will be an increase in power of the base 4.2-litre V8 to 450bhp and the 5.2-litre V10 to 552bhp."

http://www.audiboost.com/content.ph...-new-991-Carrera-S-Manual-Porsche-trounces-it

+

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/F7448F83DC9871A0CA25791100038D9B

Sidicks said:
I know it's not 'important' for most of us at least, but the comparison of fuel economy and Co2 output with the R8 is unbelievable.

It is important, as it shows Porsche can make an engine properly.

It's like the difference between US big block Chevys putting out a humungous 180 BHP from a 5 litre vs something European putting out that much from a 1.8 (and I am talking tech from 10 years ago).

If they (we) didn't run such stupidly inefficent vehicles, we'd probably have a few less wars!

Another anology may be light bulbs: if fluorescent or LED can output the same light as incandescent, why do I want to burn up 60% of the energy heating up the light fixing :frustrated:

Converting all the inputs to the required outputs ONLY is just called good engineering.

One word...''Wow''..

if those times are real, the new 911 is a warp-drive quick car.

I'm starting to think it looks quite good value - or at least it will be 'used' in 4 years time :thumb:

I'm thinking there will be a lot of nice regular or S models, sold to the early adopters, which will be chopped in or handed back about then...

tim

I know of one S that will be well looked after and driven like an avarage 66 year old chap, that could be for sale March 1st 2014 :whistle:

It would be interesting to see how much the 'active roll bar' mechanism, adds to improving it's lap/slalom times..

Rimmer said:
I know of one S that will be well looked after and driven like an avarage 66 year old chap, that could be for sale March 1st 2014 :whistle:

Is it too late to add the ducktail :?:

good point there GT4 - can any of you new buyers just check your specs with us paupers first to ensure your car is the best possible match for our used car desires :thumb:

GT4 said:
Rimmer said:

Is it too late to add the ducktail :?:

:yuk: :wink:

Seriously, wasn't on the configurator when I put my spec in, used to like the ducktail when I first saw it but then changed my mind :D

tim993 said:
good point there GT4 - can any of you new buyers just check your specs with us paupers first to ensure your car is the best possible match for our used car desires :thumb:

I do like that, very good :floor: :floor:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back