Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PORSCHE lettering on the engine cover...

Tony 991S

thinking of having it removed as it looks a bit cluttered on the back, I'd say light heat to the area :eek: to slightly soften the adheasive tape then remove with Dental Tape?

Or, pay my dealer to remove it!

1) Get your dealer to remove it gratis (request just before you pop your PIN in, else they may just forget who you are after)

2) A hairdrer etc is not really necessary (unless you are in the depths of winter), just room temp is fine and run dental floss round the back.

Remove any residue with minimal white spirit or meths and a soft sponge(or even WD-40 as a last resort).

Wash area thoroughly and wax/polish to seal.

infrasilver said:
I think you will get used to the look of the lettering on the back. I would leave it alone for a while until you're sure.

That's good advice :grin:

Nothing wrong with a clean bum!

Attachments

• afterdetail28_551.jpg
    afterdetail28_551.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 5,152
GT4 said:
Nothing wrong with a clean bum!

Totally agree :D
I just wouldn't play with a "brand new" car so soon.
All personal pref. though & each to their own :thumb:

Keep the P O R S C H E lettering but get rid of the other clutter.

porsche991_911carmagazine08_161.jpg

Personally I would leave it on for a week and see if you like it or not. You could always try a little photoshopping session to see what you think with it removed before actually removing it, and then deciding you preferred it with the badges on!

Get rid of it. It L O O K S S T U P I D

I hope it won't invalidate your warranty!

peters said:
Get rid of it. It L O O K S S T U P I D

I hope it won't invalidate your warranty!

I think it looks a little weird at the moment but I also think like all new things we will grow to like the new modern look. These cars designers ain't stupid. Apart from the Fiat ones.

That also crossed my mind regarding the warranty, if OPC do it, there shouldn't be a problem. But if you DIY I think there may be an problem.

Thanks for all the advice, :thumb: I've decided to live with it for a while before making a decision (when I get the car of course)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back