Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Order locked!

Jplu2

Hi there, first time poster and long time lurker. Ordered my 991 in September and finally the order is locked. Was told by the principal dealer that we are looking at a December build and Feburary delivery. I cannot wait, not sure you guys are interested but thought I would post my order anyway.

991 Carrera S

20 inch Carrera S III Wheels
Sports Exhaust System
Sports Seats Plus (Manual)
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Floor Mats
Wheels Painted in Black
Servotronic
Sports Chrono Package
PDK
SportDesign Steering Wheel
Preparation For Mobile Phone
Porsche Vehicle Tracking

Will be trading in my Cayman S Sport with a little sadness, but have always wanted to drive and own a 911, so now is the time :)

:D :D

Is the colour a secret or pot luck at the paintshop on the day they build yours?

PS - :welcome:

Oops a daisy, I completely forgot! I went for Standard Black, have it on the Cayman and although very difficult to keep clean, looks stunning when it is. Sorry about that :)

Welcome! :bye:

Although I quite like the idea of 'pot luck paint', black sounds cool also! When you say 'standard black' is that a non-metallic option? I only ask because I had a non-metallic black car many years ago (mk2 Astra GTE!!) and when polished it came up better than any other (metallic) black car I've owned since, it really looked the business...

Yip, it is the non-metallic paint. It does lookmthe part! Looked at Basalt Black, and it is not quite as dark as I would like. I call it 'Batman Black' and it does look good polished up :)

Jplu2 said:
Yip, it is the non-metallic paint. It does lookmthe part! Looked at Basalt Black, and it is not quite as dark as I would like. I call it 'Batman Black' and it does look good polished up :)

Hope you're handy with a wash mitt, if not don't worry because you'll get plenty of practice. :wink:

I might upset a few people here but I personally love the standard, solid black. Metallic black, whilst having depth to it, always to me look a bit clean, and closer to super dark grey than black.

As you say, only issue is keeping it clean!

Anyway, nice spec, you must be excited. Welcome!

tmilligan said:
I might upset a few people here but I personally love the standard, solid black. Metallic black, whilst having depth to it, always to me look a bit clean, and closer to super dark grey than black.

As you say, only issue is keeping it clean!

Anyway, nice spec, you must be excited. Welcome!

I would tend to agree with you and that is the reason I went for the solid black, don't fancy the metallic black at all!

GT4 said:
Ant Blain said:
Although I quite like the idea of 'pot luck paint'

Photo%20of%20pink%20Porsche%20911%20Turbo%202010.jpg

:finger:

I would actually drive around in that. :oops:

I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it but I wouldn't kick it out of bed - in my experience other people see you as a bit less of a ***** if you have a 911 in a bright colour, strangely. Which is nice...

Nurse, pass my chequebook...

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back