Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can anyone help a boxster owning girl out!?

jessicabent

Hi everyone

First post on the forum. I've owned my Porsche Boxster (986 shape I believe)? for three years now with no problems up until yesterday when my drivers side window decided to drop down into the door :(

Anyhow I've got a friend to take the door card off for me and he's found one of the cables from the motor to be snapped! It looks as if water has got into it as the one that's snapped as it's is all rusty where the other is clean and good condition.

Does anyone have a replacement window regulator I could buy or know of any breakers yards I can get one from? I'd prefer a second hand one over new as at the minute money is tight and I'd like to save where I can.

I'm based in the West Midlands but don't mind traveling a bit if the price is right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jess

hi welcome to the forum , there is a boxster section on here with people in a better position to help :thumb: try there ,in the meantime enjoy the best forum on the web :D

Hi everyone

First post on the forum. I've owned my Porsche Boxster (986 shape I believe)? for three years now with no problems up until yesterday when my drivers side window decided to drop down into the door Sad

Anyhow I've got a friend to take the door card off for me and he's found one of the cables from the motor to be snapped! It looks as if water has got into it as the one that's snapped as it's is all rusty where the other is clean and good condition.

Does anyone have a replacement window regulator I could buy or know of any breakers yards I can get one from? I'd prefer a second hand one over new as at the minute money is tight and I'd like to save where I can.

I'm based in the West Midlands but don't mind traveling a bit if the price is right.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jess

If you get nowhere here, try BoXa.net

eBay looks like a good bet. There's a few on there at the moment (search for Boxster regulator) ranging from about 50 quid for second hand to 125 new.

Although to be fair aren't the 996 and 986 doors identical?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back