Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991 spec

FXT

Trainee
Hi Guys,

My first Porsche and my first post as well (go easy on me).

I really could do with some expert level insight in my choices (resales value, wear and tear etc). I've ordered from Porsche Stratford, so here goes (straight from the configurator):

911 Carrera S
Exterior Colour - Carrara White
Interior Colour - Luxor Beige leather interior

Exterior
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Top tinted windscreen
Electric slide/tilt sunroof
ParkAssist front and rear
Bi-Xenon-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Transmission / Chassis
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Power steering plus

Wheels
20-inch SportDesign wheel
Wheel Accessories
Black wheels painted
Wheel spacers, 5mm

Interior
Guards Red seat belts
Sports seats electrical
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
ISOFIX for passenger side
Cruise control
Interior Leather
Lid of storage bin with Porsche crest
Multi-function steering wheel
Audio / Communications
Burmester® high-end surround sound-system

I think I have another 3 weeks to change the spec.
Eagerly counting down to the delivery at the end of December.

Thanks all
A

FXT said:
911 Carrera S
Exterior Colour - Carrara White
Interior Colour - Luxor Beige leather interior

Exterior
Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Top tinted windscreen
Electric slide/tilt sunroof
ParkAssist front and rear
Bi-Xenon-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)

Transmission / Chassis
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Power steering plus

Wheels
20-inch SportDesign wheel
Wheel Accessories
Black wheels painted
Wheel spacers, 5mm

Interior
Guards Red seat belts
Sports seats electrical
Heated seats
Heated steering wheel
ISOFIX for passenger side
Cruise control
Interior Leather
Lid of storage bin with Porsche crest
Multi-function steering wheel
Audio / Communications
Burmester® high-end surround sound-system

As long as your happy, that is the main thing, but for me, not having PSE would be a major regret.

Also you have no mobile Phone prep, so no Bluetooth connection.

Rear Wiper?

Things I would bin in favour of these...
Bi-Xenon-Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) - The standard Xenons are fantastic, the 997 GTS I had for a few weeks with this on, I thought the lights were so poor compared to mine, I thought they were halogens!

Power steering plus - really?

Sports seats electrical - Backrest is electric anyway, agree Sports seats, but the electrical, unless you constantly move the seat or want to be able to tilt the passenger side mirror, just adds weight.

Heated steering wheel - Arthritic?

Multi-function steering wheel - Try the wheel with paddles, no buttons. I found the little wheels annoying, I also found that it's too easy to change gear accidently as the gearchange is where my thumbs were.

But, even if you leave it completely as it is, I am sure that you will be delighted!

Oh, sorry, welcome! :thumb:

Welcome! :thumbs:

Make sure you get the sports wheel with flappy paddles rather than buttons, you'll want PSE, the telephone prep and I'd keep the electric seats as the dipping mirror for reversing will save your wheels!

Personally I'm not sure I'd go for a beige interior, I think black would look better? Also if you do stick with beige then the red belts might clash? I'd maybe have crests on the headrests rather than on the storage bin otherwise it sounds like a great spec :)

welcome FXT

pse is a must,after asking the forums advice and listening to it on a test drive its totally awsome
:D
the paddles make so much difference a different world to the buttons

Thats almost everything on the options list lol ISNT IT?
I think in some ways less is more in the porsche world

You are very lucky and i wish you every happiness in your new car

chimp911 said:
Welcome! :thumbs:

Make sure you get the sports wheel with flappy paddles rather than buttons, you'll want PSE, the telephone prep and I'd keep the electric seats as the dipping mirror for reversing will save your wheels!

Personally I'm not sure I'd go for a beige interior, I think black would look better? Also if you do stick with beige then the red belts might clash? I'd maybe have crests on the headrests rather than on the storage bin otherwise it sounds like a great spec :)

Agree 100%

PDK Paddles are a MUST and will add value to the car

Get rid of the Beige Interior, a used market elephant

and Power steering plus sounds like some extra that isn't really needed

Thanks for the advice guys...trying to take it all in :)

I should mention I'm sharing the car with my wife as I dont drive the car in the weekdays (work hours are 6am to 7pm) so waste to have two cars for two ppl. Thus, had to make some compromised choices (memory seats, heated steering wheel and power steering plus).

PSE - sports exhaust? I'm not a big fan of all that noise, would it not already be pretty loud?

I love the sports design steering wheel but not a big fan of the paddle shifts so close to the wheel. I took a turbo S for a 24h test drive and loved the design but the paddles kept getting in the way when I was trying to indicate. So compromise was the second choice, just cos the salesman said the quality of the leather is better than the standard wheel. Am I better off with the standard one? I thought being able to control the volume would be quite cool ;-)

Thanks again guys
A

FXT said:
PSE - sports exhaust? I'm not a big fan of all that noise, would it not already be pretty loud?
Sorry, I thought you were buying a 911?

FXT said:
just cos the salesman said the quality of the leather is better than the standard wheel.
:floor:

The PSE is switchable, so it's only loud when you want it to be - it will transform the whole driving experience and it seems a bit odd that you'd want to go for sports chrono but not the exhaust mod as well?

I'm also surprised about your paddle shift comment as I've had no problems at all with the ergonomics? Ultimately it's your choice but I think it would be more desirable when you come to sell. That said, I too would like to be able to control the volume from on or around the wheel, but having paddles was far more important to me, and I tend to change gear more often than I do the volume... :wink:

Either way pick what you think is best for you...

Is beige interior just not liked by most or does it wear badly?
I do love the black but thought this would be a quirky choice. I just love the beige leather as well...I know doesn't follow the 911 etiquettes.

I'll take of the lights and the red guard seat belts.

The lack of phone prep was a conscious choice, surely Bluetooth and car phone is 20th century fashion? new smart phones are decade ahead in technology.

A

911BlackEd said:
FXT said:
Sorry, I thought you were buying a 911?

FXT said:
just cos the salesman said the quality of the leather is better than the standard wheel.
:floor:

Hehe.

I know I know.
Bear in mind, I drive a TT right now. I do love the speed but I still wanna hear myself think :)

Again nothing wrong with the colour choice per se, but beige will be less popular when it comes to sell - white car and black wheels calls for a black interior IMO. Red belts would go with the red brake calipers and not look out of place against a black interior, but I just can't see it working with beige :nooo:

Phone prep is to allow your smart phone to connect to the car so you can dial and receive calls through the UAI and make you instantly hands-free whenever you climb into the car - can't see any reason why you wouldn't want that?

chimp911 said:
Again nothing wrong with the colour choice per se, but beige will be less popular when it comes to sell - white car and black wheels calls for a black interior IMO. Red belts would go with the red brake calipers and not look out of place against a black interior, but I just can't see it working with beige :nooo:

Phone prep is to allow your smart phone to connect to the car so you can dial and receive calls through the UAI and make you instantly hands-free whenever you climb into the car - can't see any reason why you wouldn't want that?

Ok, red seat belts off.
But still can't let go off the beige...but you have given me good reasons to question my choice...I'll play round with the configuration to see how they look.

The phone thing still feels like a dying trend as i just answer my phone and put it on the loudspeaker. Spending 500+ pounds on something I'll never use feels like a waste.

Depends how many points you can afford on your licence? I was one of those idiots with a stupid flashing plastic appendage stuck to my ear until got this car, but in the cold light of day £500 notes does seem quite steep...

FXT said:
chimp911 said:

Ok, red seat belts off.
But still can't let go off the beige...but you have given me good reasons to question my choice...I'll play round with the configuration to see how they look.

The phone thing still feels like a dying trend as i just answer my phone and put it on the loudspeaker. Spending 500+ pounds on something I'll never use feels like a waste.

You will need it when you can't hear your phones speaker over the PSE... :D

Joking apart though, what you are intending to do is illegal, as you have to touch the phone to answer it. The car will be noisier than your TT, for me it was a must have item, it is also not a retro fittable item. If it is not a must have for you, then I would consider thinking about when it comes to sell. It does annoy me though as you would think this should be a standard item in every modern car, not a luxury.

Also, you didn't have matt's in the list, but personally I would harrass the dealer to provide these for free.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back