Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NEWBIE ! Hello all,order my 991 saturday

Chuckstar

First time here and first porsche,be kind
Ordering my car saturday!!!
I feel very lucky,first porsche and a new one
Please could i ask your help,not sure what spec i have two
1st
Guards red,grey leather,bi xenon,elec roof,auto mirror rain sens,pdk,black wheels,elec seats ,bluetooth,bose.

2nd
Blue aqua,grey leather,bi xenon,elec roof,auto mirror rain sens,pdk,sport chrono,black wheels,elec seats ,bose bluetooth

£2177 DIFFERENCE WORTH IT?

Sorry but can't make up my mind!

Welcome & congrats, go with your first choice, do you have an option to not have a sunroof ?...

Thanks oz
Yes i can not select it but i like them!?

sport chrono worth it?you think not?

Sport Chrono yes, definately on a PDK.

PSE, you must be clinically insane not to order, but thats just my opinion. Personally I really wouldn't bother with the electric seats, the backrest is already electric, so you are gaining very little unless memory mirrors and tilt when reverse are key to you.

Rear wiper?

Good luck, and enjoy the experience.

ps, I would ask for extras for free such as the matts, these the dealer can chuck in for free.

CHUNKSTAR said:
First time here and first porsche,be kind
Ordering my car saturday!!!
I feel very lucky,first porsche and a new one
Please could i ask your help,not sure what spec i have two
1st
Guards red,grey leather,bi xenon,elec roof,auto mirror rain sens,pdk,black wheels,elec seats ,bluetooth,bose.

2nd
Blue aqua,grey leather,bi xenon,elec roof,auto mirror rain sens,pdk,sport chrono,black wheels,elec seats ,bose bluetooth

£2177 DIFFERENCE WORTH IT?

Sorry but can't make up my mind!

Well, if you want some opinions:

1) I'd generally avoid Grey leather
2) Personally I'd avoid an ordinary sunroof, let alone one that looks as ugly as the one on the 991!
3) I'd definitely go Sport Chrono if I was having PDK
4) I think black wheels would look good on a red car, but not so sure on a blue car
:thumb:
Sidicks

ok aqua blue,black/plat leather,auto mirror rain sens,pdk,sport chrono,pdk,pdcc,classic wheels, ,bose ,bluetooth

Better drivers car?or manual i have manual now but when in traffic its a drag

I went from a manual to PDK and love the PDK, but as other on here will say, they love having manual.

Drive a PDK 997 and a manual 997 and decide what suits you best. Driving position also tends to be different in both as you tend to sit nearer with a manual.

Obviously the new 7 speed manual nobody here has driven!

Go for the S version as I suspect it will hold its residuals better than the C2?

~ Maxie

Congrats on your order, will be an amazing car!

Obviously this is a personal thing, but I'd always go for black leather rather than grey; black tends to be more desirable at resale time if that's important to you.

I'd go for PSE, sunroof delete and no rear wiper. Wouldn't bother with electric seats either.

PDK isn't for me, so I'd tick the manual box option.

The make and model script on the rear end looks a bit daft to me, so I'd have that deleted too, especially the ' P O R S C H E ' badge. It's a Porsche? Really? You had me there for a minute!

I liked what one of the guys did in Total911 (I think?) and ordered a 997 Carrera with absolutely zero options and even had things deleted, which he really had to fight for. The idea of a totally vanilla 911 is really appealing in a way, but it might not be that easy to sell on. Then again, for someone who likes more of an analogue, lightweight experience, it might still be appealing.

im so excited cyruspower,also want to get it right
Its on lease for 2 years but i hope i love it as will try to buy it after!

How loud is the pse?does it drone?

I like lighter interior,as all black feel oppressive to me

oh it is the s model :D :D

If you like the lighter leather, why not have a look at the sand beige? Really brightens up the interior of any 911. Just make sure you have the black dashboard top to stop reflections appearing in the windscreen. PSE is switchable so if you find it drones you can turn it off.

~ Maxie

Guards with black wheels :thumbs:

personally I'd have black leather but each to their own.

The PDK is reputedly a great box - I have a dual clutch DSG in my Golf and its superb, so I imagine Porsche's version will be awesome.

PSE also a great option although I am always horrified by how expensive it is.

If it was a keep I'd upgrade the hifi - would still only be a fraction of the cost of what one can spend on a home hifi setup. :oops:

I'd have the 'P O R S C H E' on the back but delete all other badging. (Sorry Sam!) But I do love the idea of a totally bog-standard one. I am thinking of doing something like this myself next year but I fear then I would use the 993 even less...

Congrats on the impending purchase!

Now it might just be me, and I've never actually ordered a car from new before (always bought second-hand), but why not go for what options, colours etc. will make you happy (within reason)? You'll have to look at it on the drive everyday for 2 years, you'll have to sit in it every day for 2 years etc., if you prefer lighter coloured interiors then go with the grey and just accept you might have to put a bit more effort in to keep it looking clean? If you want a sunroof, get one!

No-one can know for sure but I would say if you were looking to move it on in 2 years there will still be so few 991s around that it will be snapped up, no matter if it's got black or grey leather, or if it's red or silver or black. A salesman will always tell you he'll have to offer you £X less at trade-in because it's not got option X, or because it has got X and no-one wants it etc. but honestly, there's a buyer for anything at the right price and it might be that yours takes a month or two to sell while a black one will sell within a week, or you have to take a hit of an extra £1k on yours because no-one else wants a grey interior, but so what? What price the enjoyment of driving around in the exact colour and spec of car that YOU want for the next 2 years...? :thumb:

That said, I would definitely spec Sports Chrono if you go for the PDK box, the rest is up to you what you want on the car (more luxury options, more driver-focussed options, mixture of both etc.).

Have fun!! :D

Thanks Ant

You are right, but i find it hard not to tick all the boxes lol
I like lots of things but in all honesty keeping it simple works,i love music in cars so bose is a option i want ,sunroof i like but is not going to happen if i can get pse , i think that will make more of a driving impact!
I just needed a shove in the right direction
Thanks

CHUNKSTAR said:
i love music in cars so bose is a option i want

You may want to consider the Burmeister high end music hi-fi system that is currently offered on the Panamera. I think this is also an option on the 991 - it's supposed to be a superior sound to Bose.

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back