Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 Launch Event

mazza

Just got an invite from my OPC in West London for the 991 Launch Event, on the 6th December, not sure if it's just to look or if there will be opportunities to drive one :)

Sadly just to look around them in the showroom and have a drink and a bite to eat; no opportunities to drive a 991 on the night, although you will undoubtedly be able to put your name down for a future test drive...

Ant Blain said:
Sadly just to look around them in the showroom and have a drink and a bite to eat; no opportunities to drive a 991 on the night, although you will undoubtedly be able to put your name down for a future test drive...

+1

Test drive about a week later I'm told :thumbs:

Rimmer said:
Fantastic - you must be looking forward to that; you've had one on order for a while haven't you? :thumb:

Ant Blain said:
Rimmer said:
Fantastic - you must be looking forward to that; you've had one on order for a while haven't you? :thumb:

Err.. yes November last year :oops: :)

It's on the 12th Dec up here. I've got an invite, however it looks like a name collecting excercise rather than something exciting..........

I'll be going to the Guildford one on Friday 9th. Usually quite good events with a bit of grub and a good selection of cars to nose around.

^^^ likewise, I was in there the other day and they said they would have some "911 through the years" display and some race cars in........

Looking forward to it.

I will be at west London on the 6th. Look forward to catching up with any of you there.

14th at Wilmslow - anyone else going :?:

Bubbles said:
14th at Wilmslow - anyone else going :?:
I'll be there Darren (it was Darren wasn't it; seems like years ago we did that Sunday morning meet but I think it was only actually early this year). :thumb:

7th Dec Hatfield OPC for me.

I just read in GT Purely Porsche that the 991 is streets ahead of the 997 in terms of interior fittings and build quality. That's interesting to hear because I already thought the 997 interiors were quite good.

~ Maxie

GT4 said:
Like a Bentley or like a Mercedes?

That's what they seemed to be suggesting. I only scanned the article very quickly at lunchtime.

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back