Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 991 Carrera S 0-310 km/h video

sld82

Here's a video of the new 991 Carrera S being given the beans. Looks very quick ... also, it appears to nudge 311 km/h.

Amazing, especially how he managed to make it go so quick and look so much fun without using his left leg or right arm :D

T8996C4 said:
Amazing, especially how he managed to make it go so quick and look so much fun without using his left leg or right arm :D

Indeed. Regarding the "fun" part, I always thought that a manual was the way to go - but PDK seems to offer great sportiness as well. :driving:

Are there any road tests of this car yet where we can read about how capable it is? It seems a while now since we all saw the realese pics but frustatingly no road tests.

~ Maxie :wall:

Maxie said:
Are there any road tests of this car yet where we can read about how capable it is? It seems a while now since we all saw the realese pics but frustatingly no road tests.

I know, I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms :oops:

Maxie said:

Some sources seem to indicate that a handful cherry-picked publications will be afforded the opportunity to put the 991 through its paces before year end (tentative timescale is a fortnight). I cannot for the life of me say exactly where I saw this, but I did read something to that effect.

Also, Porsche is supposedly going to reveal a "surprise" on or around the 18th of November - so there's something more to look forward to. :dance:

Next month's evo magazine is promising a full road test of the 991. On sale the first week of December (a few days sooner for subscribers). :thumb:

sld82 said:
Some sources seem to indicate that a handful cherry-picked publications will be afforded the opportunity to put the 991 through its paces before year end (tentative timescale is a fortnight). I cannot for the life of me say exactly where I saw this, but I did read something to that effect.

Also, Porsche is supposedly going to reveal a "surprise" on or around the 18th of November - so there's something more to look forward to. :dance:

You do seem to come out with interesting news, work for Porsche? dripping info out? :friends: :thumb:

Pretty impressive, but it seemed to run out of legs not long after 220 km/h, and the final push to 300 looked to be a real struggle - how does it compare with the outgoing 997 c2/s?

Rimmer said:
You do seem to come out with interesting news, work for Porsche? dripping info out? :friends: :thumb:

I wish I did. My "news" is just the culmination of lots of "googling" and daily scouring of the web :thumb:

sld82 said:
I wish I did. My "news" is just the culmination of lots of "googling" and daily scouring of the web :thumb:

Good on you! :thumbs: Now, please find us a 991 C4S!

~ Maxie :)

Ant Blain said:
Next month's evo magazine is promising a full road test of the 991. On sale the first week of December (a few days sooner for subscribers). :thumb:

:thumbs:

So, it seems that the so-called "surprise" promised for today was merely a Panamera GTS. We were led on :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back