Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayenne purchase which model ?

markjohns

Hi,new to the forum and thought i would pick your brains in the hope of good advice on which cayenne model to opt for.
I have browsed the web and have a basic knowledge of the cayenne range and wish to spend approx £20k poss a little more for the right vehicle.i have experience in owning high performance /cost vehicles but never a porsche ,my second car which i intend to keep is a tvr tuscan s which dispite only averageing 3000 miles per annum never fails to surprise myself in continual mantainance and running cost.

I would be useing the cayenne day to day prob average 10 to 12 000 miles a year enjoy reasonably high spec cars and would require a sat nav and cruise control .After minimum research believe the 4.5 s tiptronic with toys would prove to meet my needs ,although quite like the thought of a turbo or turbo s.

Have been informed fuel economy between these models is pretty much the same ? however the turbo comes with a higher spec.
I would be intrested in knowing other than Insurance what the difference in day to day / annual running cost would be between a 4.5 s , a turbo and a turbo s.
Are the servicing cost much greater for the turbo model? Are there particular years of manufacture for these models to be aware of?Obviously looking to buy lower mileage with fsh,should I be off put by higher mileage vehicles with fsh ?

Any information ,insight into the purchase or driving experience of these vehicles would be greatly appreciated,have been told to try and stretch to a 2006 turbo s if possible ? and not too sure the difference betweena turbo s and turbo ,all very confusing help appreciated :)

Good evening,
I am also new to the forum, but turning into the site I noticed your request, I bought my cayenne in Italy

Around town there is definitely a difference between turbo and the S

The S is around 10mpg, the turbo substantially less.

If you predominantly do city driving the turbo is crippling on fuel. If you do a lot more rural and Mway then the turbo is a no brainer.

Turbo S all the way. 8)

Awesome car, just put mine up for sale.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back