Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NEW 911: BETTER LIKE IT 'COS IT'S HERE UNTIL 2025

Daniel

Donnington
NEW 911: BETTER LIKE IT 'COS IT'S HERE UNTIL 2025

New 991 911 to do a 'double-stint' with two seven-year model cycles

In what we must presume to be one of the first examples of Austerity Age performance motoring, it's been revealed that the new 991-generation 911 will be around for two seven-year model cycles. So the car you're looking at now is, in essence and proportion, the same that will still be in active service come 2025.

Which means that, when the Euro seems like a bad dream, we're all indulging in wars over water, China has bought out the entire US car industry, and everybody's trundling around in range-extender electric vehicles, the 991 will still be with us.

But don't worry, because Porsche is going to have plenty of stuff coming along to keep up our interest in the ol' girl. We've got the Carrera 4 and 4S in December, the Cabriolet next year (apparently with a clever semi-hard roof - stop sniggering at the back, there) and a Turbo and GT3 in 2014.

Then (and just in case you were getting bored) Porsche is set to drop downsized turbo flat-sixes into the 911 in 2015 (that's going to upset a few people, we suspect).

Beyond that, there are also plans for a hybrid 911, a new Targa (which will revert back to its original hooped-bar design theme) and possibly even a new 911 Speedster (not to mention the numerous RS models and other special editions). Plenty to keep the folks a Weissach busy, in other words...

(You can read about Porsche's plans in a little more details on the CAR magazine website)

..........when is the 190bhp 911 DIEsel coming? :dont know:

It'll be great. :thumb:

The 991 C2S does a lap of the Ring in 7:40 which is as quick as the 997.1 GT3 :) So in terms of performance I'm sure people will be happy. Except the 997.1 GT3 owners of course.... Oh, that'll be me one day I hope. Emm, nope, won't be unhappy at all, dismiss what I just said. :grin:

They say it like it's a surprise!

The original 911 seemed to last almost 36 years (OK, before the beards get all frothy in the CAMRA, that was sort of a joke).

The 996 lasted 14 years (with the 997 facelift).

The 991 will last 14 years with the 992 facelift in 2018.

If Porsche can miniturise that racing hybrid system and slip it inside up front then it's going to become something else.

Pretty much.

Attachments

• trollface_126.png
    trollface_126.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 6,928
It has a certain resemblance.

There's only one thing worse than being talked about.

peters said:
I'll be driving the new Jaguar by then.

Possibly, I was talking to a marketing man at jag last night (a fellow paper folder). Apparently the jag release was a touch premature, and a bit of a spoiler for the 991 launch at Frankfurt. There are no production dates and defiantly no prices as yet. Although he did laugh at the supposed £50k price tag, he's no idea how the press got the idea it would be that cheap :grin:

No plans for a rag top til 2025 at the earliest :lol:

Slap in the face

Well to be honest I hope they will get punched in their face around 2015 like they did in 2007 when GTR was launched.
I believe Porsche were forced to make the 997 Mk II Turbo much better that they were planning to. Same goes for the GT2 RS, which probably would not have been with us if it wasnt for the Nissan GTR..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back