Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nurburgring Nordschleife in 7.40 Carrera S

Tony 991S

Imola
From OPC Sales briefing document provided by PCGB:

"The new 911 Carrera S is 17 seconds a lap quicker at the Nurburgring Nordschleife than its predecessor, achieving a time of 7 minutes 40 seconds." :worship:

Please don't shoot the messenger :friends:

:eek:

That's quick.

If you think the 996 GT3 is 7.58.

That is "best spec" though (which is as yet undefined as far as I know), so £90k+ retail and probably £20k+ first year depreciation...

Good nonetheless though...

I wonder how much of that is down to the PDCC?? :?:

Disco said:
That is "best spec" though (which is as yet undefined as far as I know), so £90k+ retail

As in Powerkit + PDK? Otherwise I'm sure the GT3 boys would be saying it looks too good to be true. A difference of 18 secs from a cooking C2S over an earlier GT3?

~ Maxie :?:

Maxie said:
As in Powerkit + PDK? Otherwise I'm sure the GT3 boys would be saying it looks too good to be true. A difference of 18 secs from a cooking C2S over an earlier GT3?

I'm just thinking about the 991 GT3 / RS, and what those can deliver :drive:

Dave :)

Maxie said:
Disco said:
That is "best spec" though (which is as yet undefined as far as I know), so £90k+ retail

Standard engine = 400bhp +PDK :thumb:

No PowerKit has been released.

It will be released with or after the C4/C4S and before the GT3.

Have they shortened the track?

17s better than the previous model, about 4% quicker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back