Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cylinder 4??

g121ffs

I have a misfire on cylinder 4 (3.2 V6) according to my OBDII reader.

I have purchased a replacement coil pack from ebay but I do not know which cylinder is number 4.

Could anybody help??

g121ffs said:
I have a misfire on cylinder 4 (3.2 V6) according to my OBDII reader.

I have purchased a replacement coil pack from ebay but I do not know which cylinder is number 4.

Could anybody help??

Wow, DIY you're brave :thumb:

According to DIN Standard 73 021 (the Germans have a standard for everything) if you stand at the "front" end of a V6 engine (the end opposite the gearbox) and look towards it the three cylinders on your left-hand side are numbers 1 to 3 counting away from you, and the right-hand side cylinders are 4 to 6, still counting away from you.
The coil pack (cylinder 4) you need to change should therefore be the front left-hand side one (this time, looking in the direction of travel).

Fortunately, as it is a standard, it is true of all Porsche engines and only dependent on where you stand and the gearbox take-off (or driveshaft if transaxle)

So it is the same as a 911, but at the front!

BIG ARROW = GEARBOX MATING
911_valve_adjust_pic1.jpg

YOU STAND HERE @ BUMPER

Coil replacement was a 5 minute job once I found cylinder 4.

For reference the correct cylinder layout is below.

cayennev6engine-1.jpg

D'oh, it uses the VW conventions :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back