Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help on color combination choice?

pratas

Hey guys

I had placed an order for the 991 already so it is time to think about the color combination.

just want everyone's thoughts on color choice....

I had a great looking black car, but NEVER EVER again. It is impossible to keep clean. Not big on red, silver, and the lime gold. I would consider white, the blue from the German catalogue, or one of those new grays.

I've been to the showroom recently; the 997 left in my local dealer are GTS and cabriolet are both white with black leather interior and look stunning. However, since earlier 90" all the cars I own are black interior, I preferred to make some change this time. I am nor sure about the white with beige since not seeing much of this combination. The blue from the German catalogue with beige interior looks also beauty, is it dark blue or aqua blue? Although the beige interior looks more elegance, it will looks like 20 years old after just 2 years of use concern me.

My question is................. what color combination of exterior and interior is the best choice.....

not that I want my to car to stand out like a sore thumb, but you want it to have the presence it deserves and the price that it is...

so what is everyones thoughts on this?

If it were my money, I'd leave the grey and beige leather alone too.

I like the Agate Grey and Dark Blue:

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=66222

Having said that, GT Silver looks amazing in this photo:

Porsche-911-991-0.jpg

Wheelswise, I'd have the painted Carrera S (which are Spyder-esque when you can make out the design) or Carrera Classics:

6077975116_ca2ca3945d_b.jpg

text2_gr.jpg

pratas said:
Hey guys
I had placed an order for the 991 already so it is time to think about the color combination.

Congrats! :thumbs:

I think Agate Grey or Dark Blue metallic exterior with Carrera S wheels would be nice. I would go with a black interior, but since you don't want that, maybe try a black and grey/ beige leather combo. I would also avoid very light interior shades as maintenance could be a pain.

The car in the header of this site right now looks nice too (Dark Blue Metallic with Carrera Classic wheels).

Can't go wrong with a black interior imo...

Unless there's been a massive quality change with the new models, Porsche interior leather quality is a long way from that of say Ferrari, if you venture from black..
Silver or grey is a no-brainer match for best residuals for the exterior..

I chose Dark blue metallic with blue and black trim for my 997 gen 2 Turbo and it does look good and very subtle.
Dark blue with beige trim would be a very good combo with the beige giving a very spacious feel to the cabin.
It does seem that on the second hand market anything with any other colour than black or grey interior hangs about a little longer, you would have thought that may not happen on the 991 for a couple of years.
Choose what you like and be happy with it, or choose what you think will give you the best residual.

Steve

I've ordered Silver with 20" Sport Design wheel's + options circa £15k

Would not Spec a Blue car again they get dirty to quick

stevejc said:
Dark blue with beige trim would be a very good combo with the beige giving a very spacious feel to the cabin.

Does the 991 need any more of a senseof spaciousness?

I mean that seriously, as I would prefer a more compact, more cosseting feeling cabin.

08-600.jpg

Porsche_911_991_oficialni_dalsi_14_800_600.jpg

text7_gr.jpg

I have also just placed my order for the new 991 C2S. I currently own a 997 C4S in Seal Grey with Black leather. I like the new grey and would probably have gone with that, but I feel I need a change. I am currently thinking of Dark Blue metallic withy grey leather (don't think I can live with beige). Any thoughts on this combo? :?:

Thanks pratas, but now having also seen the new video of what looks like an aqua blue car on the steet I am now not sure which blue to go for.

Decisions, decisions! :dont know:

For an everyday car Black leather is the way to go.

I had Slate Grey with Natural Brown on my turbo, looked great.

But I did get a little bored of the Slate Grey, was easy to look after, but you never got that shine you get from a Black.

Personally find Grey leather dirty and depressing looking.

I'm torn between the two Blue's and Black on the 991.

But will get a black leather for sure !

waldorfsalad said:
Thanks pratas, but now having also seen the new video of what looks like an aqua blue car on the street I am now not sure which blue to go for.

Decisions, decisions! :dont know:

As far as I know, there are only two blues. Post the video and we'll vote, at least? I think the darker blue (Dark Blue Metallic) is a good call.

GT4 said:
If it were my money, I'd leave the grey and beige leather alone too.

I like the Agate Grey and Dark Blue:
Dark blue looks good :thumb:

sld82 said:
pratas said:
Hey guys

Congrats! :thumbs:

I think Agate Grey or Dark Blue metallic exterior with Carrera S wheels would be nice. I would go with a black interior, but since you don't want that, maybe try a black and grey/ beige leather combo. I would also avoid very light interior shades as maintenance could be a pain.

The car in the header of this site right now looks nice too (Dark Blue Metallic with Carrera Classic wheels).
The header change to speed yellow :puh:
Dark blue with beige from the German catalogue looks super. I were just concerned about beige's ability to look good over the long haul.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back