Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

car buy,s of the year ?

tregger

Sao Paulo
really hard to ignore the great value offered at the mo with the used cayman
easy to find great examples with moderate miles 06,s for £16k/£18k
just in case i get a rush of blood what are the downfalls ? :wink:
2006 PORSCHE CAYMAN 2.7 2dr Coupe

only 13 miles from me !

not on the radar at all , they just appear to be a decent chunk of porsche for relatively small financial commitment ?
i don,t think they,l be sub £10k for 3 years , unless banged or galactic miles

tregger said:
just in case i get a rush of blood what are the downfalls ? :wink:
5-sp gearbox. 18 in wheels (not 17s as advertised) a bit puny looking.

Tregger, don't know how big/tall you are but for me it would only work for failry short journeys, same with the Boxster. I'm 6'2" and long of leg and the left leg doesn't agree with Cayman/Boxster.

PZero, that must be 1 big left leg, i'm 6"5 and had no problems in my boxster S... :bike:

the reality of the cayman is that as good as it may be when i return to porschedom ( after 9days without i,m already scanning & planning 8) whatever budget i have it will be going on a 911 , the other,s may share the bonnet badge but the magic for me is in the bodyshell & sheer character of heritage that has gone into whichever 911 model i choose , coupe of course :thumb:

There's a thread on PH of a chap who has bought a rather nice Merc S280 for less than £700 of eBay. A lot of barge for the money.

I'm getting interested in the Z3M Coupe but the price spread is from £7k - 20K :eek: If that was ever one to buy on condition and a true future classic

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back