Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster in trouble

DerCon

Hi All, I am new to this forum having recently purchased a 2000 boxster S. I am a long time porsche fan having had several 911's in the past and a 996 currently. The car was a bit shoddy when I got it but I spent a few days under it replacing the spark plugs, all filters, oil, all 4 disks, new brake pads, new radiator, new alloys etc. I was delighted with the outcome for a half an hour test drive but when I tried to use the car the following day it would not do anything other than idle. No response from the accelerator at all. I guessed it may have been the MAF sensor so I unplugged it and yes the car would rev and drive albeit very roughly when cold. I bought a replacement MAF sensor and installed it only to find that I now am back to the situation where the accelerator does not work again. I plugged the car into a diagnostic and got no fault codes. In one of the test results, I did get an absolute throttle position of 100%. I contrasted this to my 996 911 result which was 0% absolute throttle position. Only other thing of note is that there is a pronounced click when the key goes to the on position from the e-gas throttle body. Is that normal in the boxster? Thanks for any help in advance.
Edit/Delete Message

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrellS
Back