Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Servicing

Ocean Blue

Took the car for the annual service in April and was quite suprised how cheap it was when I took in the MOT gearbox oil change and bleeding of the clutch system. Never bothered to look. I've just phoned about changing the springs in each corner and the labout rate is sub £60 / hour which means it's been reduced since last year. Has anyone else had this experience of reduced rates?
OB

£60 is "cheap", I don't think I could get that from an OPC here in London but I have not tried. I think my Indie charges £70 and hour.

Madalaa,
Worth a quick phone call then as who knows. I know all 993's and before are entitled to the classic discount.
Believe me, Aberdeen is not cheap by any standards.

Mines going back to Hat OPC for its next service, couldnt fault them last time.

The rate for classics is very heavily discounted :D

Their parts people are very good too, always get the PCGB discount!

You get nice coffee and invites to their special events.

Ocean Blue said:
Madalaa,
Worth a quick phone call then as who knows. I know all 993's and before are entitled to the classic discount.
Believe me, Aberdeen is not cheap by any standards.

....Fine except my nearest OPC is in Chiswick which does not have a great reputation.

I use Jaz in Wembley and they have been looking after my 993 before my ownership so will more than likely stay with them, Steve and Dave are top blokes and they are very 993 friendly.....:)

My loacal OPC in Bournemouth charge me £54 per hour.

I would not take my car anywhere else, they have a passion for Porsche cars and I know that they will look after mine.

Madalla,

You should try Porsche Byfleet the chaps there are very helpful and I am shure they would give you a discount if you asked.
One of the managers has a very rare 3.8l 993 C2S in Ocean Blue.

Dom B said:
Madalla,

You should try Porsche Byfleet the chaps there are very helpful and I am shure they would give you a discount if you asked.
One of the managers has a very rare 3.8l 993 C2S in Ocean Blue.

This is where mine is at the moment and has been for a few weeks now. Hopefully all will be done in the next few days and I will report back on cost, quality of work etc...

What is the general consensus on Paragon?

mine was serviced there before I bought it and I have had it through there once since owning but I just wonder if they are a bit on the expensive side?

Give Johnny at Precision a call. He does all my work. Geo, tyres, servicing, windscreens, bodyshop. Top outfit. Half an hour from Paragon.

£50 per hour, ex-Paragon mechanics and state of the art workshops. I've just returned from there this morning and for once, they are not busy so give him a call.

Precision 01825 721 205 Mention Kim please.

Thanks Kim, I'll give them a try.

In fact I'd love to find someone close to home (Blackheath) but it seem the porsche population is SW or NW.

I think there is an OPC near me but not sure about their ability with 993s.

Ocean Blue said:
Took the car for the annual service in April and was quite suprised how cheap it was when I took in the MOT gearbox oil change and bleeding of the clutch system. Never bothered to look. I've just phoned about changing the springs in each corner and the labout rate is sub £60 / hour which means it's been reduced since last year. Has anyone else had this experience of reduced rates?
OB

...some of them are able/willing to do creative things with invoicing on the older cars. :thumb:

i use a combination of Jaz and OPC Byfleet.... basically whoever is cheapest for any particular job, where the price is negligible, byfleet.

Our lot (PC Swindon) have really dropped their prices for 993s in the last few months. Their rates are now comparable with the local indies.

I've noticed that OPC prices have become quite competitive recently. So now I have a dilemma. Should I ...

a) Continue to use my friendly indi who has given my faultless service over many years, always been well priced, knows 993s like the back of his hand.

b) Switch to use the OPC who frankly looked at me like something unpleasant on the bottom of their shoe when the economy was good, charged outrageous prices when they could get away with it, would struggle to know what a 993 was let alone know what to do with it.

Hmm tricky one this ...

I'd like to use OPC Byfleet as they are my closest garage, however its only a few miles further to get to GT One who are cheaper per hour and know my car inside and out. As they will both collect the distance thing makes little diference, though I doubt that the OPC leave a mint green VW van in the corner of your drive for the duration. Not that that bothers me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back