Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Reading and clutch

1kgixer

Just been over to have OPC Reading take a drive in my 997 gen 2 to ascertain whether its all in mind related to a small amount of clutch judder and heavy feel of the clutch.
Having only had the car for some 5 weeks (its a Jan'2010 with only 8k miles) I'd been initially concerned with some small judder in 1st and reverse and some notchiness in shifting 1st to 2nd.
What was ironic is that having made the advance booking about a week ago, I was then subsequently in Wales last weekend at a race meeting and had used the car on circuit for a couple of laps as pace car during closing lap clear down prior to racing starting (and no I was not on the race circuit in the car at the same time as 40 powerbikes :eek: thankfully!), which of course meant it was the first time since picking the car up that I could really start to explore the cars potential and more importantly really give the clutch a work out when launching off the start line. Somewhat strange but having given the clutch and car a bit of a workout the clutch actually felt smoother and fine on the drive back from Wales.
Fast forward to today and the tech who drove it (Paul the tech was a really good guy so well done OPC Reading) and he put my mind at rest that all is fine,but before I'd said anything to him about having tried a few fast starts in earnest at pembrey he mentioned that sometimes if the car has not been used much (mine is low miles) that a more "spirited" few starts can "clean"up the clutch etc, and that made a lot of sense when I recounted to him the circuit antics.
Anyways glad the judder, whether in my mind, or cleaned up by some actual use as designed, has gone and can relax and enjoy.
The road trip to Wales and back was outstanding, and a few laps in the 911 a major buzz, and I can honestly say I loved every single mile of the joyrney and I've not said that about a car for a very long time :thumbs:
Summary is: Very glad I finally bought my first Porsche and post purchase dread about thinking I should have bought a PDK has gone !
happy days for sure Andy

I had judder on Monday after a spirited start and then the the car over revved.
The car has not been used for 6 months and I did take it easy for a few hours.
Checked the car again on Tuesday and its still slipping.
Mine is a 56 plate with 33k on clock.
Needless to say its getting a new clutch Friday. I will be £820 lighter !
:frustrated:

michelin said:
I had judder on Monday after a spirited start and then the the car over revved.
The car has not been used for 6 months and I did take it easy for a few hours.
Checked the car again on Tuesday and its still slipping.
Mine is a 56 plate with 33k on clock.
Needless to say its getting a new clutch Friday. I will be £820 lighter !
:frustrated:

Ouch but hope once your clutch is replaced it will be all good again, fingers crossed for Friday.
On a slightly different note me walking in to OPC Reading showroom was like kid in candy store with so many gleaming new cars on offer including a rather nice GTS that was whispering to me to buy her, but..... having just got mine I quickly stepped outside and waited for the tech

Thanks for that, hopefully 'Grace' will be back to full spirit Friday.
Its certainly not good going down to your local OPC !! :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back