Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo or Supercharged Boxsters?

gothicsanta

Hi all,

The Boxster is a great car but for my needs it must have more performance and I wonder if there is an aftermarket kit available?

With this in mind will it affect which Boxster I look for...? I was previously only thinking of the 3.2 S but I realise that sometimes these conversions can only be done on a specific model ie. more room with the smaller 2.7 engine so more likely to be possible to convert the car...

I can't find anything on the internet on this and I hope someone can answer my question otherwise I will have to buy a different convertible......

Many thanks - all help / advice MUCH appreciated :)

http://parr-uk.co.uk/

Give Parr a ring they do a kit for both Caymans and Boxsters, about 10K, not shown on there web site.

Cunno said:
http://parr-uk.co.uk/

Give Parr a ring they do a kit for both Caymans and Boxsters, about 10K, not shown on there web site.

Yep. Parr turbo'd a Cayman S using gear from US tuners. I think the car put out around 500bhp. They offer that as an upgrade package I believe.

For 10-12k this sounds quite tempting as it makes the car a real 911 destroyer on track. Although when you consider it's running on pretty much standard engine internals it sounds a lot less tempting.

Autofarm do a supercharger kit with rebuilt engine but I think that's around 30k.

If it were my money I'd sell it and get a 996 Turbo or GT3 as you'll end up spending that money in the long run.

anotherGT2 said:
If it were my money I'd sell it and get a 996 Turbo

:agree:

Don't waste your money upgrading a Boxster (or any model), buy something that will retain its money, ie get a Turbo!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back