Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2004/54 BMW M3 fully loaded - Looking for a 964...

Nick_MSM

I have reluctantly decided to sell my E46 BMW M3 to fund a Porsche. I have owned the car for just over 3 years now, the former keeper having purchased a few weeks before as an approved used BMW but was unexpectedly posted abroad with work. Having owned many performance cars I can safely say this is the best all-rounder I have ever owned and it will be sorely missed.

2004 '54' registration
Titanium silver paint with black nappa leather interior
All 3 keys present
60,800 miles
Tax until end of April
Mot until September
Full BMW service history (see below)
The all important running in service done
14000 miles until next service which is the Inspection 1
4 keepers in total
Tyres in good order
Wheels would benefit from a refurb as they usually do!

The service history reads as follows:

25/10/04 Running in check Sycamore Peterborough BMW 993 miles
17/03/06 Oil service and micro filter Murketts BMW 10971 miles
15/08/07 Inspection 1 service Murketts BMW 22896 miles
07/08/08 Oil service and micro filter Chandlers BMW 34931 miles
15/07/09 Inspection 2 service and micro filter Chandlers BMW 47376 miles
23/12/10 Oil service and micro filter Chandlers BMW 59506

The car features the standard 3.2 litre in line 6 cylinder, 24-valve producing 338bhp and 269 ft lb of torque. The impressive standard spec consists of bi-xenon headlights, air con/climate control, power front/rear windows, auto dimming rear view mirror, rear parking sensors, auto headlights and wipers and cruise control. The following options were also ticked making this a high spec example:

Blue tooth phone prep + voice control
19'' alloy wheels
6 stack cd in boot
Sat nav professional built in dash with tv function/computer - updated firmware with 3d view, speed camera warning and 08/1 DVD disc
Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade
Folding centre arm rest + storage
Electric heated folding wing mirrors
3 point centre rear seatbelt + Third rear head rest
Heated front seats with electric lumbar adjustment

The car is totally standard apart from the front discs/pads which I have uprated to DBA 4000 discs and Pagid blue pads, the hoses are all braided (front and rear) and it's running upgraded fluid (ATE super racing blue) - this improves the braking no end, one niggling factor I did have was the standard brakes didn't seem up to much (a common M car trait!).

The car is based near Worthing in W Sussex and I am available most of the time for inspection. I am looking for £13995, or looking for a P/X on a nice 964 - ideally a manual C2. I can add cash on top for the right car.

The car has just had an enhancement detail and looks fantastic. Recent work from BMW Chandlers includes new air con and alternator belts, and a new parking sensor. Please note the private registration is being removed from the car shortly and will revert to it's 54 registration (just waiting for papers to come back from DVLA).

2617223-2.jpg

2617223-7.jpg

Will this be your first venture into the Porsche marque? If so be prepared to compromise with a 964 in terms of all the gadget/creature comforts you have with the M3.

Not many people drive 964 as daily drivers (and indeed few 993) without having access to another car.

Ask yourself do you want aircooled or are you more 996 territory? Only you can answer that :thumb:

Best of look.

Thanks - Yes ready for the change, and it will be my first Porsche. I have another vehicle that I use daily so the 964 would just be a weekend/summer car :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back