Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 3.2 very happy

digio

Just bought a 5 yr old 3.2 with 50k on the clock great to drive and in mint condition well pleased with my purchase apart from an old 944 i had normally a mercedes man only had her for a few weeks but think its a great car

Attachments

• media_127.jpg
    media_127.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,417
Hi Digio welcome to the board,for reasons explained on another post,Im changing from a 911 Targa to a 4-wheel drive SUV.
Any chance of posting details of what you paid and what sort of MPG you are getting and any other info that might be useful.
I have been looking at Discoverys and M class Mercs,but the Cayenne is starting to grow on me!

Hi Allan

I gave 13k for her looked for about 2 months at loads im getting around 19-20 mpg , obviously depends on driving style but im a bit of an old codger now , this one has PCM black leather interior FMDSH 50K on the clock new disks and pads all round done last month drives and changes smoothly everything original.

Had one problem with it so far one of the headlights was flashing on and off all it was was where the guy before had not wound the headlight retaining winder was not pushed home.

get one mate or at least take a few out on test drive my kiddies love the space and you get the best of both worlds in one .i have had a ML270 & 320 , they all have there pros and cons The ML is boring the range rover is a great car but youll have to pay 20K + to get a decent one and reliability is crap on anything older than a 05-06

there great cars and good value for money.

let me know if you need any further information.

Paul

Thanks Paul,thats 4 cars in the equasion now!Merc,Porsche,Discovery and R Rover.
Lets hope no one comes on extolling the virtues of the Land Cruiser.Its just a bit frustrating because I cant start looking properly until at least the Porsche is sold.I might stretch to a 56/07 Range Rover if the right one comes along-they are the Iconic 4 wheel drive.
Oh well happy hunting. :bye:

Alan
What are you looking for, as in a lux 4x4 or a proper work horse? I've got the nissasn navara and have to say been superb over 2 years. Probably bought ten tonne of wood for the garden, been to the French alps 3 times and got me to work in three foot of snow. Fully kitted out with leather, sat nav, phone, heated memory seats, AT tires, running boards and carry boy box on the back. Can take 4 adults in comfort and truly loads of space in the bed!
However, garden finished o looking for some fun. Let me know on a swap?!
Flog

An interesting topic.

We went through the process when we decided to sell the 997 and go for a Caravan and a 4x4 to tow it :oops:

Although well-disposed towards the Cayenne, I was concerned about the weakness of the water hoses and the possibility of scored bores. This and the lack of a diesel option (at our budget level!), decided us against it. I also shared Paul's thoughts on the Range Rover.

Having driven the Merc ML and Volvo XC90 and felt they lacked precision on the road, I was persuaded to try a Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD. This proved very capable and surprisingly comfortable. The rest as they say is history. With 215bhp and something approaching 27mpg being attainable in normal traffic, it does what it says on the can.

Not a Landcruiser, Allan, but possibly worth a look :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back