Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche to Unveil New 550HP Panamera Turbo S

Porsche News

There have been rumors floating around the internet lately about a new flagship version of Porsche's Panamera sports saloon named the Turbo S.

The most potent model of the Panamera series to date is based on the Turbo model. It features a modified 4.8-litre turbocharged V8 engine delivering around 50 more ponies for a total output of approximately 550BHP. Top speed is pegged at 191mph and it will hit 100km/h (62mph) in 3.8 seconds. That's compared to the standard Panamera Turbo's 188mph top speed and 4.2 sec. sprint time.

Attachments

• pants_211.jpg
    pants_211.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,102
Porsche News said:
It features a modified 4.8-litre turbocharged V8 engine delivering around 50 more ponies for a total output of approximately 550BHP. Top speed is pegged at 191mph and it will hit 100km/h (62mph) in 3.8 seconds.

:eek: lets hope it goes around corners

Porsche officially lifted the veils off the most powerful and fastest version of the Panamera to date, the new Turbo S. The latest addition to the sports saloon's range features an uprated version of the standard Turbo model's 4.8-liter force-fed V8 engine with improved turbochargers boasting titanium-aluminium turbine wheels and modified engine control management.

These changes boost output by 50HP to 550HP and peak torque from 700 to 750 Nm (553 lb-ft), while in the 'Sport" and 'Sport Plus" mode of the standard Sport Chrono Package Turbo (as well as during kick-down in normal mode) the eight cylinder engine delivers 800Nm (590 lb-ft) courtesy of the over-boost function.

When using the Launch Control function, the Panamera Turbo S completes the 0-100km/h sprint in 3.8 seconds [0-60mph in 3.6 seconds], and can reach a top speed of 191 mph (307km/h). In comparison, the standard Panamera Turbo needs 4.2 seconds and can go up to 303km/h (188mph).

Porsche says that despite the increased performance, fuel consumption of the Panamera Turbo S remains at the same level of the Panamera Turbo at 15 mpg city, 23 mpg highway and 18 mpg combined [US], or 11.5 km/lt in the combined European cycle.

The Turbo S comes equipped with several driving dynamics control systems as standard including the active roll stabilization system (PDCC), the PTV Plus that applies a variable torque split to the rear wheels, and the Sport Chrono Package Turbo, which tunes the suspension settings and engine control.

The only exterior changes include 20-inch Turbo II alloy wheels with increased rear axle track width, side skirts from the Porsche Exclusive range and the adaptive extending four-way rear spoiler. Inside, the Turbo S is available with a standard two-colour leather upholstery, with Porsche offering two new exclusive optional combinations of black/cream and agate grey/cream.

Sales will start in June with pricing set at about £150k

Attachments

• ts_6a_751.jpg
    ts_6a_751.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,081
  • ts_5a_734.jpg
    ts_5a_734.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,081
  • ts_3a_656.jpg
    ts_3a_656.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,081
  • ts_2a_107.jpg
    ts_2a_107.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 2,081
  • ts_1a_791.jpg
    ts_1a_791.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,081
I'll take the one in white.. :lol:

It is still ugly. On the first image take your hand and block out the bonnet and lights: the car has a certain scale and grandeur. Now take your hand away and the bonnet and lights looks like it came off a different scale model - WTF is that? Porsche designers wake up, speed does not need to be at the expense of beauty.

At least Maserati made the Quattroporto look good all over.. :?:

To be honest i like it, infact i kinda love it lol. Its like with me usually cars grown on me over time but with the Cayenne Turbo S that i had i loved it from the start but then over the years it just faded on me...

The looks only not the performance! :p

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back