Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's the one best thing you've added to your car?

Ant Blain

Mexico City
As per title really. Let's say I've got a bit of spare cash, and I fancied spending it on the 911; what is the single best thing anyone has done to / bought for their own car? Maybe sports suspension (mine is currently on standard set-up, not M030), or something for the interior? Or even a week driving it across Europe maybe?!

I already have the Carrera aerokit and the switchable PSE, any other recommendations from anyone...? :?:

Petrol :grin:

I know that it is a desperate cliche, but learning how to drive it better has been the best use of cash for me (track time and instruction). After that I would say having CoG sort out the suspension for me.

having come from the VW show scene tweeking this and that OEM'ing this and that is told myself my car was going to stay as porsche intended after a few days decided it needed chrome front and side indicator bulbs and a shorter front number plate resisted anything else for a little while then noticed that te modding inside had been started before me

i allready had painted door pulls and glovebox handle , so changed the batwing panel to sliver added alloy pedals and footrest , and lastly changed the rear wiper to a flat type blade

got all the bits i removed so apart from a couple of holes drilled in the throttle pedal all can be reversed if the next owner wanted to

couple of pics

P5170452.jpg

P6210389.jpg

P4220395.jpg

P4220396.jpg

P4220394.jpg

Rob

can i have two :lol:

Hids and the exhaust mod/oettle

both make the car sooo much better to drive :thumb:

CARPY .............

where did you buy the pedals ( was the footrest not available )? lookin good 8)

i had those on my corrado vr, still miss that car :sad:

This is a bit of an odd thread, as many items can be optioned from factory, so the fact I may or may not have to add it to my car will depend on if the first owner spec'd it :dont know:

• Oettle (AKA poor man's PSE)
    Litronics
Both of which is me retro-spec'ing the car to complete my OEM wish list.

foot rest is done now will get pics next time i get the car out , pedals from ebay not new got from someone that never fitted them had to get bolts for them , foot rest is lhd but can be turned over and trimmed to fit only thing missing is the porsche logo as thats on the bottom

the clutch and throttle pedals are plastic and easy to drill the brake is metal for safety you dont want that to break when you need it

mine were like these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porsche-996-9...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a628de3cc

the footrest is on the left if you turn it over and trim about 10-12 mm off the long edge you can see from my pic its the right shape then drill a couple of mounting holes jobs a good un

P4220395.jpg

ebay pic
!BfTorMgBWk~$(KGrHqMOKj8Eryu9wyd4BL!vW,NZfg~~_12.JPG

Rob

Many thanks Rob, sorry to hijack Ant

Most of the footrests are Lhd, design 911 sell a Rhd but its nasty :-(

I need 2 as well..

BBS LM's + Manthey exhaust.

:thumb:

In order (top 3)

1. Recaro fixed bucket Seats
2. Short Shifter
3. Sports Exhaust

I see I'm not the only one to favour the switchable sports exhaust. Not only does it sound the nuts when driving it, the drama is something I never anticipated becoming fond of. It means that regular blats out and about in the car are so much more fun, and strangely enough I feel less need to give it the beans all the time as I am happy listening to that noise with the windows and the roof open (esp in tunnels..)! I have had better 911's than this but this mod and the sunroof and interior make it my favourite by far..

I would update the cd system (maybe even perhaps with a mobridge thing with satnav) if I felt like it, and also would like the cruise control option. Due to the age of the car it is unlikely these can be fitted, but it doesn't bother me in the least, I love her dearly as she is, an immaculate 13 year old, still a beauty and almost a classic..!

Attachments

• porsche_carrera_2_side_110.jpg
    porsche_carrera_2_side_110.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 13,038
In order it's got to be:

Kenwood radio so I have Bluetooth and sat nav

HID lights so I can see

Rear LED lights so it looks fantastic

Peter

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads