Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Painting brake callipers

evesc27

Hi everyone,

I have a 2.7 Cayman and wanted to paint the callipers. I have a quote from a main Porsche dealer; £180 + VAT per wheel. They assured me that they would have a factory paint finish with the Porsche logo etc.. I wanted to know if anyone has had their callipers painted either by porsche or someone else, and what results they got.....?

Also if anyone can suggest other companies that can provide the same quality service at competitive prices?

Im based in the west London area; so ideally companies that travel or I can get to fairly easily.

Any help would be most appreciated. Cheers :thumb:

someone on here had theirs done by a place called Tognola IIRC and it was an perfect look and finish and i seem to remember that it cost less than that too.

evesc27 said:
Thanks for the info. Are these the same people: http://www.tognolaengineering.com/index.htm

Yes, i think they charge approx 300 / 350 + VAT for all 4, including re-applying the PORSCHE logo.

You'd have to get your calipers off and send them up to them.

Someone here had theirs done at the same time as an Exel wheel refurb to really complement all 4 corners.

Just to manage expectations, or rather prompt the correct questions when looking at suppliers but I think Tognola only wet spray these, i.e. its not a factory powdercoat/paint process.

I may be wrong and just saw them tidying up someone's calipers...either way they looked great but I know what its like when you 'think' you are getting something and get something very different, and we dont like expensive mistakes/misunderstandings.

Just ask all the questions. Same process applies to an OPC, their quality can vary enormously, but if you are using West London then they are part of Reading and send a lot of stuff to them.

I cant imagine the calipers on a Cayman can be that bad unlike say a 10+ yr old car, so a tidy up maybe ideal.

Evening Chris,

Was just about to text / pm you as it happens.

What is the correct way/method etc to "repaint" the brake calipers on my 993? (I dont want to do it myself). OR who is the best person to ask to do them?

Hi there came across this post and thought these guys may be able to help, havent used them but looks like they ahave the right background
http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/porsche_upgrades/upgrades.php
otherwise if you search calipers on the 996 forum there are some other suggestions. have a couple of chips in mine which i looked at getting fixed, think i will hold out till the spring!
Alternative is grab some smoothrite from hammerite and get painting?

Ps Welcome to the fold, an unending supply of information!

You can buy both the high temperature-tolerant paint and the Porsche logo stickers via eBay and do the job yourself. Some guys on BoXa.net have done it.

I just had mine done by Tognola (as part of a lot of other work) and it was about half the price of your OPC quote. They look absolutely splendid. Pictures to come this evening...

Here are the pics of my calipers. Sorry for the poor quality - photos taken in about 1/4 light!

5263507459_2156a3bcbf_z.jpg

5263506995_7a8c3a79ae_z.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back