Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche confirms Mid Sized 4x4 "Cajun"

Porsche News

The Cajun is go! Porsche has confirmed that its next model line will be a new SUV, which will slot into the range below the Cayenne. In a statement from yesterday's board meeting, Porsche confirmed a new model 'under the working name "Cajun"... will further expand the world's most successful Porsche segment in the SUV sector."

The new car will form what Porsche describes as 'an attractive entry model in the Porsche world.

The "Cajun" will attract new and even younger customers to the premium brand along with the Boxster, the market leader in the segment of two-seater, mid-size sports cars."

The Porsche Cajun will be based on the Audi Q5 and will go into production in 2013. The move makes plenty of sense, as the recently introduced new Cayenne is selling extremely well. In the first full quarter of sales of the new car, the Cayenne shifted more than double the number of cars in the same period last year.

Porsche also confirmed that Wolfgang Hatz will be promoted to its board as the new head of research and development. Hatz moves from his position as the boss of Engines and Transmissions Development for the Volkswagen Group and replaces Wolfgang Dürheimer who has moved to take charge of Bentley, Bugatti and VW Motorsport.

Attachments

• cajun2_102.jpg
    cajun2_102.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 23,609
  • cajun1_298.jpg
    cajun1_298.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 23,609
!

Sexy :puh: - I´m getting one for sure...

To bloody right..i'd love one of these (prefer it over a new X3)...trouble
is I kind of need it soon....not sometime in 2013 !!! :dont know:

I like that rounded design, could be a contender as my next everyday hack.
Where's that picture of a pug 205 I had?

Presumably those are only CG renderings by some Autocar hack though, so that isn't necessarily what the final product will look like in 2.5 years time. Interesting though - I wouldn't go as far as to say I liked it at this point, but I don't dislike... Spaceframe version for the Dakar on the way I wonder :?:

Looks good to me, I'd like to see it as a 5 door, 3 door suv doesn't make a lot of sense :?: is it A5 kinda size or more Touran?

It's a Q5 in drag, and the agreement to reskin it (plus some engine mods) means it stays three door for the first two years to prevent canabalisation of Audi's sales.

So hang on for the five door, should be a corker.

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=57482

cajun_103.jpg

it won't sell as a 2 door. where's the punter for that?

Hmmm, seems like that X6 is doing OK.

As long as it has a Porsche badge, comes in at £40 or less and is available on HP it will match or exceed the original Cayenne numbers in all illogical probability.

Don't forget, it's also charged with taking on the LR Evoque, which too is a 4x4 coupe :?

GT4 said:
Hmmm, seems like that X6 is doing OK.

As long as it has a Porsche badge, comes in at £40 or less and is available on HP it will match or exceed the original Cayenne numbers in all illogical probability.

Don't forget, it's also charged with taking on the LR Evoque, which too is a 4x4 coupe :?

X6 doing so ok they've discontinued it already..also it has (had) 4 doors. No one will buy the Evoque either, same problem.

Yes, but it doesn't stop the car companies from trying to sell them!

I still think it boils down to the monthly payment.

Senoj said:
X6 doing so ok they've discontinued it already.

May I ask where this has been published? I may have missed it, although to be fair, I couldn't really care less, they are quite ugly and heavy.

Did a quick search of google news and:

Dec 19: New BMW ActiveHybrid for 2011. The BMW X6 Hybrid is one of those vehicles that to my mind make a lot of sense because it allows people who like or need big vehicles to drive them in an environmentally sensible way.

Jan 1: The BMW X6, which recently celebrated it's three years launch since December 2007, will see a slight mid-life cycle refresh improvement.

Jan 4: HOT MODELS: Sales of BMW's 5 Series passenger cars climbed 29 percent to 5,045. The X3 and X6 light trucks both posted sales gains of more than 50 percent.

Doesn't sound very dead to me.

:?

Senoj said:

People without children. I'd say that people trading out of an E92 beamer or the expensive end of the 3 door hatch market would be viable targets to sell the thing to... There is certainly no shortage of them, you just have to make them want a 4x4...

Disco said:
Senoj said:

People without children. I'd say that people trading out of an E92 beamer or the expensive end of the 3 door hatch market would be viable targets to sell the thing to... There is certainly no shortage of them, you just have to make them want a 4x4...

....Colin, that would be me then !!!! out with the 330D and in with the
Cajun...cool, i'll be double porky driver....if I can wait till 2013... :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back