Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exel Wheels - Top job on Porsche Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

Kelsy

Just a big thanks to Chris for refurbing my wheels.
Top job and great service.
Over the moon and highly recommend. :thumbs:.

Attachments

• dscn1947_154.jpg
    dscn1947_154.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 36,429
  • dscn1949_140.jpg
    dscn1949_140.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 36,429
  • dscn1951_138.jpg
    dscn1951_138.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 36,429
  • dscn1952_177.jpg
    dscn1952_177.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 36,429
  • dscn1954_864.jpg
    dscn1954_864.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 36,429
  • dsc_0159_886.jpg
    dsc_0159_886.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 36,429
  • dsc_0162_461.jpg
    dsc_0162_461.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 36,429
very nice indeed.

he is doing a set for me at the moment (for the Mrs' car). We have chosen the same colour as another 911uk member has used for his Mini, as those looked so good.

handy thing this forum!

I recommend anyone to go to Chris with wheel issues - he really is very knowledgable, helpful and a total pleasure to deal with

:thumbs:

tim

Same, just had two sets done, delivered to me Friday, possibly on his way back from this post??

Anyway - cup 2s and turbo twists (he sourced those as well!) in a particualr colour, and the cup 2s were centres only which must have been a pain in the ass to complete.

Job looks superb, better than new...and I also had a set of tyres from him at the same time, painless.

iPhone camera - sorry for rubbish quality

Attachments

• img_0306s_713.jpg
    img_0306s_713.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 36,375
  • img_0309s_712.jpg
    img_0309s_712.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 36,375
Wheels look superb Kelsey, but I am more impressed with the cleanliness and condition of your car as a whole. The paint and glint on the windows suggest a lot of elbow grease before you took those pics. That or Gurchin has been busy. We must be told.........

Re: Exel Wheels - Top job

Kelsy said:
Over the moon and highly recommend. :thumbs:
Those wheels look amazing !. Were they badly kerbed in the beginning?
Your car is a credit to you. Have you detailed it yourself ?
Looking forward to getting my wheels done soon.
Car arrives tomorrow so a very long detailing session is in need
:thumb:

sidlo said:
Wheels look superb Kelsey, but I am more impressed with the cleanliness and condition of your car as a whole. The paint and glint on the windows suggest a lot of elbow grease before you took those pics. That or Gurchin has been busy. We must be told.........

Hey Sidlo,
Thought I read you had sold... Good to see your still in touch.
Yes I have to admit I put in some hard work in anticipation for the return of the wheels....
Lots of top polish out their but it's simply the following:
All Auto Glym. First Super resin polish (deep shine for dark colours), then Hi Def Wax. Windows AG window polish inside and out.
I love minting her up. Sad isn't it......
Love the look of the 997 model. Could look at pics all day. Please post more pics anyone for a shine off........ :D

Top job Chris :thumb:

Another vote for AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine resin polish - amazing results always. Car is looking great Kelsy.

~ Maxie

Hi Kelsey, yes I sold out and regret it already. Looking at your car just makes it worse. I must have every polish and cloth available which i used constantly on my black babe. Now the Landrover (although excellent in the snow/ice and on my new shoot) looks better dirty and constantly is, so I aint wasting good quality polish on it. It can wait till I return to the fold.

In the meantime stilll lurking :thumb:

What are you getting next Sidlo? A C GTS maybe?

~ Maxie :)

Holding out first to look at the 998 in the flesh, if not up to snuff (and it had better be) a used GTS would be hard to beat and I must say looks like a good buy.

We will see, her indoors is liking the LR at present and I do need the 4wd at the moment, hence the very reluctant sale.

Re: Exel Wheels - Top job

michelin said:
Kelsy said:
Over the moon and highly recommend. :thumbs:
Those wheels look amazing !. Were they badly kerbed in the beginning?
Your car is a credit to you. Have you detailed it yourself ?
Looking forward to getting my wheels done soon.
Car arrives tomorrow so a very long detailing session is in need
:thumb:

Hey Michelin,
See post on polish and wax used. No, wheels were not kerbed but looked dull and had some stone chips on leading edge of spokes plus marks around bolt holes.
Thanks for the positive feedback on the shine!
Good luck with your many hours of enjoyment (and polishing) on the new arrival

Exel Wheels Refurb

Chris from Exel collected my wheels today for a refurb so I have his replacements on at the moment, makes the car look totally different. Having my 19" wheels colour coded together with some new colour coded centre caps, not to mention the fact I also need two new front tyres.

Picture15.png

Wow, how you get used to stuff. Those wheels look tiny!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back