Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rattle at rear of Cayman

cayman1

:?: Has anyone gt an annoying rattle coming from the rear of their Cayman. I have adjusted the plastic stops on the rear tailgate but to no effect.

!

Not a Cayman, but on a 911 C4/964. It was the silencer that did "The Rattle" - broke!!. A new/used one was fitted in 20 min. by my OPC and Vupti - problem solved!

Try and see if you can find a used one, it´s a very expensive part...

Thanks for your reply. The rattle seems to be from within the car around the tailgate area and is not present all the time. Just very annoying when it happens !

No problem...

cayman1 said:
a and is not present all the time. Just very annoying when it happens !

Same here, just before they found out want is was. I have a short video of mine - if you want to have a look/listen, and compare :?:

You can mail me at [email protected] :

i have the same issue and it sounds like it is inside. let me know if you fix the problem

!!

It´s either the heat shield, or the silencer! Heat shield is easy to fix, the silencer needs to be changed. My OPC did it change it for me, I managed to find a used silencer for them...

I had the same issue, an annoying rattling noise that came from the rear of the cabin. I've only recently bought the car so the first thing I did was look through the service history. I found that it had been reported by the previous owner on both it's services and that the source couldn't be found :nooo:.

After a little look around my wife found that the passenger seat was adjusted way too high and the plastic on the head rest was hitting the trim on the roof. She lowered the seat an the problem was solved.

Hope this helps.

I have the same in my Cayman S.

I think it is the plastic trip inside the cabin next to the BOSE speaker. It looks like the plastic that covers the suspension is wobbly.

But it comes and goes.

I've had 3 Caymans now and they've all rattled. I think it's a design issue with the hatch lid.

The hatch on my Sport is better than the others were but the passenger bucket seat rattles in this one.

I suppose it's a cross we have to bear owning the poor man's porsche :sad:

anotherGT2 said:
I suppose it's a cross we have to bear owning the poor man's porsche :sad:

LOL...people say this because they are jealous about our cars. I do not like these comments between us please.

Enjoy your car. :)

I had a rattle in the driver side door just behind the handle somewhere, but the local porsche dealer had a look and for the meager sum of £84, they took the trim off, waved a magic wand, and it was all fixed. But now the rattle at the rear is more noticeable. Sounds like boot lid issues? for being so large, i'm not too surprised if there are some design issues that weren't thought of. It's only when going over bumps or holes in the road, so I try and stay on the smooth parts as much as possible.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back