Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

SOLD Porsche 996 911 exhausts with bypass mod + extra

Status
Not open for further replies.

996UFO

Spa-Francorchamps
SOLD, thanks to those on here who bid on these, a member of 911uk bought them in the end.

At the moment I have a pair of newly modified exhausts (bypass mod 1" stainless pipe) on ebay (with the seams also tig welded).

These are off my 2001 C2.

I will end the auction early if a member on here wants to buy them for the right price. PM me if you have an offer. You can search on here for an idea of how much modified ones go for.

PLEASE READ THE SITE RULES ON 3RD PARTY AUCTIONS

The part numbers of the exhausts are 996 111 121 57 and 996 111 122 57

Thanks for reading.

P1010055640x480.jpg

P1010054640x480.jpg

Hi,

The seams are welded because this is the usual place for them to blow as they get old. The water gathers inside the bottom parts. While the mod was being done it was worth paying the extra labour to have them more 'futureproofed'.

It's not necessary as part of the mod, just precautionary and worth doing while they are off the car.

For one reason or another you chose not to reply to my PM for the previous exhaust, shame as it would have sold it quicker and saved you the ebay fee's....

Hi Ade,

Sorry, I replied to your PM to your email address which you had put in the PM as the PM on here is a bit dodgy and fiddly with the pop-up blocker I use with the Firefox browser.

Though getting the tig welding isn't cheap, I am thinking about getting another pair done in the not too distant future. If you want me to give you first refusal on those then let me know and I'll keep your email address / PM on here in mind.

When I first put them up I was hoping that someone local might buy them and save the hassle of posting but at the end of the day the postage was cheaper than I expected and really was easy with parcel2ship who picked them up one day and delivered them the next day.

996UFO said:
Hi Ade,

Sorry, I replied to your PM to your email address which you had put in the PM as the PM on here is a bit dodgy and fiddly with the pop-up blocker I use with the Firefox browser.

Though getting the tig welding isn't cheap, I am thinking about getting another pair done in the not too distant future. If you want me to give you first refusal on those then let me know and I'll keep your email address / PM on here in mind.

When I first put them up I was hoping that someone local might buy them and save the hassle of posting but at the end of the day the postage was cheaper than I expected and really was easy with parcel2ship who picked them up one day and delivered them the next day.

No worries Ian, I've just spent a small fortune importing some alloys from the states and will be having them and new suspension fitted hopefully next week but will be looking to upgrade the exhaust in the very near future. Strange thing is though i never got the email, just checked my spam filter and it's not showing in there either.... defo keep me in mind for the next one though please...

Ade,

No problem I will give you a shout if / when I get another pair. I have got your email address saved.

I'll PM my email address to you in a minute.

I've been reading a few recently resurrected threads on here about exhaust mods.

I don't want to become 'mister exhaust modder' but it might be worth you considering getting your exhausts taken off some time (if they are good) and getting them to me for my chappie to tig weld and send back to you. He normally takes a week with them. He isn't cheap but is very good.

Best wishes,
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back