Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Mobil 1 engine decal order

Ocean Blue

hi,
I found this site this morning, before work!!!!!!

(www) eagleday.com/factorydecals.html

I typed it into the forum and one of Jackals threads came up. In fact it was the only thread.

They seem to stock the correct decal, well it matches up with my old one word wise, colour and it looks scaled correctly though I can't tell. Knowing the USA it will be. Any comments welcome.

I'm going to order six of the things for myself and ask if anyone would like one on the same order as mine.
I'll wait until Monday Tuesday next week before placing the order.

Attachments

• decal_223.jpg
    decal_223.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 11,770
+1 yes please... :thumb: :thumb:

(SAE in the post to you anyway...!)

So I take it it is the larger one with the 993. serial number on the bottom and not the (current) 997 s/n?

In which case I'll have one please.

There were two 993 stickers. One has a black square behind the 1 and the later ones such as on my 97 have a red and blue square.

Decal

Hi,
I'll write them an email and confirm colours, size, 993 number at bottom etc and request a more detailed photograph which I'll post up here.. :thumb:

Sorry guys......

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your question and the recent phone call.

As mentioned by phone, Porsche has superceded the 993 number you seek on the Mobil 1 decal with 997.006.544.00

The Mobil 1 decal size is 70mm x 70 mm (2 3/4 inches). White 1 in black backgound.

The difference between the picture on the website and current Mobil 1 decal is as follows:
Lines 1 and 2 "Porsche empfiehlt Mobil 1" are on same line Lines 5 and 6 "Porsche recommends Mobil 1" is on same line. Number at bottom is the 993 number above

This is a Porsche OEM product.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected] or [email protected] and we wil be happy yo to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Eagle Day

Pete - you can get the 997 ones from OPC for ~£1 and a LOT less than the guy who sells them on eBay ripping people off. In fact not a bad cottage industry - advertise on eBay, get a sale nip to OPC send to buyer £4 profit :thumb: Probably to same guy that sells the bearing + instructions for the noisy spoiler fix at £9.99 (where the bearing is actually 99p)

Dom - Your dufffle coat is on order. How's the beard coming along?

Isn't it incredible I can retain all this crap but I fail to recall where I'm meant to be most of the time :grin:

Guess what guys...
I saw this a few months ago. Thought it was a genuine 933 mobil sticker as per photo on the eagleday site. Ordered it to have my targa perfect for the regional porsche club concours show... and it was an effin 997 one. :-(

After reading this thread, I couldn't resist admitting to buying one before investigating it properly :nooo:

I used it anyway and was not deducted any points and best of all , I won best in show :)

Engine bay decal

Well done Bristow, it's always nice to see someone doing well.

Update
The decal suffixed v1 was photographed by Dommorton and he kindly emailed it up to me. This label matches mine, or what's left of it.

The label suffixed 1a is also looks to be identical and shown to me by Mobil.

The label suffixed 01 is what is being posted up to me

Attachments

• 993_006_544_00_v1_199.jpg
    993_006_544_00_v1_199.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 11,456
  • 993_006_544_01a_660.jpg
    993_006_544_01a_660.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 11,456
  • 993_006_544_01_175.pdf
    18 KB · Views: 347
engine bay decal

I did talk with Porsche Reading, very nice people but they feared for me if I was to print my own stating.

" Could be opening yourself up" was the statement.

However,
It looks like there was a decal for when the car had it's first fill of oil and a decal for post servicing but obviously not used.

I am talking to various people so keep with me.

regards

in a strange mix up with the local OPC, I have just been sent, FOC, a Mobil1 sticker ( the 997 part number ) :)

Will I get hunted down & burned at the stake by other 993 owners if I apply it to my 993 :dont know: :judge: :D

Still available at OPC £2.21 (997 item)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back