Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tamiya Bullhead R/C Monster - Brand New Unmade!

tedzwedz

Suzuka
Clearing out my old kiddies bedroom, found this, i never made it (already had a Clod Buster)

Its huge, 2 motors, 4 wheel steering etc!

if anyones keen have a look

They stopped making them about 6 years ago so they are rare now, mine is still in its outer packing case!

Kind Regards

Edward

BRAND NEW

FULLY SEALED

NEVER OPENED OR ASSEMBLED

STILL IN MANUFACTURERS OUTER SHIPPING CASE & All Bags Sealed!

TAMIYA BULLHEAD

1/10th 1:10th SCALE

Four Wheel Drive & Four Wheel Steering!

Twin RS-540 Motors!!

Rare - Vintage Tamiya!

For sale is a Brand New Tamiya Bullhead Bull Head Monster truck, based on a big rig truck body!!

I have had it in storage in my dry cupboard since new, it is even still in the manufacturers plain brown OUTER box, protecting the inner retail cardboard box from light and dust damage!

As new as the day it left the factory!

VINTAGE - No longer on sale!

This will not be repeated, when its gone its gone, the model ceased production many years ago, I had always wanted to make it but now dont have time, space and need the money for other projects (bought a new car!)!

The Tamiya Clodbuster's Cousin! Both are regarded as classics of the marque!

Riding high on 165mm diameter earth-kicking tires, the 4WD Bullhead extends the "state-of-the-art" in radio controlled monster trucks. The Bullhead is damped by eight long stroke coil shocks and is powered by two powerful electric motors.

Specifications:

Scale: 1/10
Length: 18.90 in (480 mm)
Width: 14.96 in (380 mm)
Wheelbase: 10.63 in (280 mm)
Front tread: 10.63 in (280 mm)
Rear tread: 10.63 in (280 mm)
Weight: 8.60 lb (3900 g)
Chassis: ABS plastic tub
Suspension: Solid axle/trailing link
Damper type: Eight plastic coilover friction shocks; oil-filled are available
Drive train: Dual gearboxes, dual motors
Gear ratio: 30.1:1
Differential Type: Bevel gear
Motors: Dual Mabuchi RS-540
Speed control: Three-step, forward/reverse mechanical
Wheels: White ABS plastic. Chrome plated on the Bullhead
Tires: "V-lug" heavy equipment chevron pattern
Body/material: USA Big Rig Truck
Radio: Two-channel surface frequency (not included)
Battery: 7.2 V (not included)

Attachments

• header_1_172.jpg
    header_1_172.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 116
  • gallery_2_817.jpg
    gallery_2_817.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 116
  • dsc05615_325.jpg
    dsc05615_325.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 116
  • dsc05619_172.jpg
    dsc05619_172.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 116
  • dsc05618_139.jpg
    dsc05618_139.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 116
nice item there and you will i'm sure get a good price. this will go into a collection i dare say and never be built

for me though, it has to be i/c for an RC truck. I have one that i use with the kids and it goes like the proverbial wind

tim

Very nice.

Shame it wasn't a Monster Beetle, I would have bitten your hand off.

:cloud9:
58060-Monster-Beetle.jpg

GT4 said:
Very nice.

Shame it wasn't a Monser Beetle, I would have bitten your hand off.

:cloud9:
58060-Monster-Beetle.jpg
Ha, yes I know the Monster Beetle well, I have a Bush Devil which was the same chassis

I am looking at 3 Monster Beetle Shells now as I typre, I made them myself on a Vacuum forming machine at school! all different colours! Based on an original, I made a negative in plaster of paris etc

quite creative of me thinking back!

If only you still had it :?:

Quite a money spinner as the bodies are so rare.

I still have my Losi Monster Truck (LST). Still a superb bit of kit and great fun.

losi-super-truck.jpg

Happy days! I still have my monster beetle in a cupboard somewhere.

Ah, memories, I had

top.jpg

and

samurai_02.JPG

Good luck with the sale... :thumb:

amazing, it went for £320 in the end, way more than i guessed but i guess they don't come up for sale new anymore!

Gotta love vintage Tamiya's 8)

I completely refurbished my Black Foot (same running gear as the Monster Beetle) a couple of years back with NOS parts.

RCCars011.jpg

RCCars009.jpg

I have a 1/10th i/c engined Tamiya Lancia Delta Integrale, in Martini colours. Rather battered and no longer running the original motor, but a higher tune more powerful beast that i managed to squeeze in, so it's now way over powered. Not run it for years, but i dare say i could get it going again. Unfortunately its not the best bit of design and not a patch on the modern kits. It used to melt the centrifugal clutch shoes, the single disc brake was never very effective and the absence of ball joints in the steering linkage made for rather tricky handling. However it was great fun hammering it round the car park of the apartment in Omotesando i was staying in at the time, trying to avoid crashing into the assortment of parked up Nissans and Toyotas. Happy days!

I was totally r/c car mad when I was a kid. My dad had always been into r/c planes, so thought a car would be a good way to get me involved. Looking at the prices these things go for on eBay it almost makes me sad that I ever built any of them. In broadly chronological order I had ........

Tamiya Holiday Buggy
Tamiya Ford Ranger
Tamiya Frog
Kyosho Optima
Tamiya Supershot
Kyosho Big Brute

Sadly all of early cars were butchered for parts / turned into "scratch builds" etc etc. The Big Brute would still run but the drive shafts / hubs are worn out, and the Supershot was given away a few years ago .......

Now seriously contemplating buying one of the old skool Tamiya Porsche 993s, either the Taisan GT2 or the PIAA one, both of which seem to crop up new on eBay pretty regualarly at c. £200. Otherwise the new-ish 1/12 70's RSR reproductions look fun (sadly missed out on the limited edition anniversary Vaillant model which now go for stupid money !)

Jamie

This brings back some memories! I had a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin.

My pocket money savings wouldn't stretch to a Losi or Schumacher!

Regs
G

:sad: You guys were so lucky! I can remember one Christmas I opened my present to reveal a brown cardboard shoebox size box.

I eagerly opened it up to find out what I'd got but it was empty. I was told it was an Action Man Deserter! :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back