Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996c4s cab Fitted luggage

bently300

Hockenheim
Hi does anybody know where I can get reasonably priced fitted luggage to go under the bonnet in my 996 also rear seats.
I would prefer soft luggage as aposed to the solid plastic type?.

Any ideas as I have searched the web and can't find anything.
Thanks in advance
Mark

By coincidence I have found that a 70L Mountain Equipment "Wet and dry kit bag" drops in to the front boot of my 996 perfectly with room above it for a suit bag or a smallish carry-on sized roller bag. Cost about £40 from someone like Cotswold in Cirencester.

Mines a 996 Targa though, if yours is a C4S I don't know if the boot is different shape, or spare wheel in a different place?

AWD boot is smaller (not as deep, but about the same width and length).

Thanks for the info Harry h
Looks a good bag for £40
Gt4 do you know the size of the boot in a c4s cab only my car arrives Thursday and I want to go to Cornwall Friday night, so I would love to order before so I can get for Friday .

The bag harryh mentions is
- Dimensions L: 66cm, H: 35cm, W: 35cm
Will this fit
Obviously I would like it to fit as tight as possible as I don't have much room to start off with
Thanks all

Due to various intrusions or curved surfaces these dimensions are good to + 1 cm.

For example a squashy bag may extend to the bonnet skin, a hard bag may not exceed the lower hanging bonnet strengthening cross-members.

Width: 70 cm
Length : 34 cm
Depth : 27-42 cm (front to rear bonnet slope)

This "wedge" shape has a total volume of approximately 82 litres.

What is wrong with the rear seats or rear boot? (apart from it is on show)

Thanks GT4 for the actual size of the front boot

what size bag would you recommend for the "rear boot"?

The roadster bags look good for £125 but the bespoke luggage versions are too expensive for me at £1150 for the two boot bags and two rear seat soft bags?
Any ideas for a better priced rear seat soft bags.

I like the idea for the soft bag from harryh for £40

No C4S but 2 small soft cases suitable for flight hand luggage fit very well in the boot of a C2 with space on top to spare.

Rob996c2 said:
No C4S but 2 small soft cases suitable for flight hand luggage fit very well in the boot of a C2 with space on top to spare.

If he hasn't found anything in the last 9 years then perhaps the OP will try that.

:thumbs:

(I think he sold his car about 8 years ago. He hasn't been to the Midland Meets for some time)

sc650 said:
I have bought from this company in the past.
Their bags are a great fit and excellent value for money.
https://www.car-bags.com/en/

+1 for these guys.
I bought a set just this year & they are good quality at an excellent price.

Highly recommended

:thumb:

PeterS said:
Rob996c2 said:

If he hasn't found anything in the last 9 years then perhaps the OP will try that.

:thumbs:

(I think he sold his car about 8 years ago. He hasn't been to the Midland Meets for some time)

Hahahaha! Just read this after my last post.

:floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back